English language B AQA 2015: language acquisition is impossible.

Watch this thread
Anna.A123
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Pleaseeee enlighten me and give me all of your knowledge on writing and reading and how to approach a question
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
x
Anna.A123
Rep:
(Original post by TSR Jessica)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:
Oh thank you very much!
Samba_21
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I'm taking the exam but have completely ignored writing and reading. Spoken development is always guaranteed to come up so it may be worth focussing on that!
Anna.A123
Rep:
(Original post by Samba_21)
I'm taking the exam but have completely ignored writing and reading. Spoken development is always guaranteed to come up so it may be worth focussing on that!
Yep I was just going to focus on that but the spoken section may include aspects of reading or writing too so that's what I'm worried about
Samba_21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anna.A123)
Yep I was just going to focus on that but the spoken section may include aspects of reading or writing too so that's what I'm worried about
Ahhh I see what you mean. Tbh I think it would be really weird if they did something like that as the whole context is the kid's spoken ability, so anything you'd say would be in reference to that. If it does though, I'd link it to Vygotsky in that a book for example is a prop which gives the kid's speech meaning. If it does speak about what the book is saying then maybe talk about how the book is directed at developing the speech acquisition of the child.

So for example

We can see Sam use a high frequency of proper nouns, e.g. "Mum" (which acts contextually as a proper noun due to the mother's role in Sam's life), and "John". Chiefly this can be seen to demonstrate good pragmatic development in Sam's language, as the use of proper nouns are typically conventional of the conversational discourse. Furthering this concept, Sam's understanding of this format of the spoken mode amplifies what Halliday described as the imaginative function (these emphasising one's need for purpose in language). To explain, we can see a semantic field of fictional characters "random fairytale crap". Primarily this is expected due to the early exposure of such stories to children from an early age. When we consider this along-side Hallidays point on imaginative language, we can see how the story acts as what Vygotsky described as a 'pivot', with the imaginative nature of the fairytale making the conversation entertaining, subsequently giving language purpose. In this sense, Sam is making decent pragmatic development via his lexical ability, emphasising how language is best developed during early life; this being what Lennenberg described as the 'critical period' which inadvertently supports Chomsky's theory of innateness.

Ya see how you talk about the format of the text, not the ability to read it. I'm not sure if that's 100% along the lines of what you meant so if not sorry for rambling on XD
Anna.A123
Rep:
(Original post by Samba_21)
Ahhh I see what you mean. Tbh I think it would be really weird if they did something like that as the whole context is the kid's spoken ability, so anything you'd say would be in reference to that. If it does though, I'd link it to Vygotsky in that a book for example is a prop which gives the kid's speech meaning. If it does speak about what the book is saying then maybe talk about how the book is directed at developing the speech acquisition of the child.

So for example

We can see Sam use a high frequency of proper nouns, e.g. "Mum" (which acts contextually as a proper noun due to the mother's role in Sam's life), and "John". Chiefly this can be seen to demonstrate good pragmatic development in Sam's language, as the use of proper nouns are typically conventional of the conversational discourse. Furthering this concept, Sam's understanding of this format of the spoken mode amplifies what Halliday described as the imaginative function (these emphasising one's need for purpose in language). To explain, we can see a semantic field of fictional characters "random fairytale crap". Primarily this is expected due to the early exposure of such stories to children from an early age. When we consider this along-side Hallidays point on imaginative language, we can see how the story acts as what Vygotsky described as a 'pivot', with the imaginative nature of the fairytale making the conversation entertaining, subsequently giving language purpose. In this sense, Sam is making decent pragmatic development via his lexical ability, emphasising how language is best developed during early life; this being what Lennenberg described as the 'critical period' which inadvertently supports Chomsky's theory of innateness.

Ya see how you talk about the format of the text, not the ability to read it. I'm not sure if that's 100% along the lines of what you meant so if not sorry for rambling on XD
Nope I understand exactly what you're talking about, and thank you so much for explaining this really helps! Btw, that's like and A grade answer so you shouldn't have a problem! Good luck
Samba_21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anna.A123)
Nope I understand exactly what you're talking about, and thank you so much for explaining this really helps! Btw, that's like and A grade answer so you shouldn't have a problem! Good luck
Glad I could help, and thanks! Hope you do well too
Anna.A123
Rep:
How is everyone approaching the question? How are you managing your time also? I have no idea how to answer the question, like how you pick things out and talk about them in an orderly way. Please help
pakhtungem
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
There is a thread already for eng lang exam tomorrow. Search it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anna.A123
Rep:
(Original post by pakhtungem)
There is a thread already for eng lang exam tomorrow. Search it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (31)
44.93%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads