Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Any ideas what sort of question are on the english language paper for the other cultures poetry as i have not had a teacher for two years thus had no one to ask.

Is there option as to which question you can choose or are you given a specific question..!?!

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pabsunited222)
    Hi,

Any ideas what sort of question are on the english language paper for the other cultures poetry as i have not had a teacher for two years thus had no one to ask.

Is there option as to which question you can choose or are you given a specific question..!?!

thanks
    If you are AQA board like me I think we get a choice of 2 questions. In this question you are asked to compare two poems. I have only come across one exam question and it was something like:
    "Choose two poems that you enjoy and compare their different use of language."
    Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Most i have come across are 2compare how two conflicting cultures are shown" or "how does the author show a different culture? comment on the language used"

ReputationRep:
    Obviously the study of the language used is the most important to focus on.

ReputationRep:
    We have done loads of practice questions for that some i remember

How do the poets present people
    How do the poets present the conflicts of being part of two cultures
    how do the poets describe political conflicts
    how do the poets present the differences in cultures, and similurity
    and then other questions on idenity, change,

Can somene tell me whic english lang paper the poems comes up in, is it, 1 or 2 (Aqa board)

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Paper 2

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody here dislike the reading part...they seem to ask strange questions...!!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.