PHYB4 - Physics B - Physics in Context - AQA June 2015 Watch

caaitlinc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've noticed that not many people seem to be taking this exam. But I was wondering if anyone could help put together an unofficial mark scheme? I'd like to have a rough guess as to what grade I got but unfortunately I have no clue whether I got the answers correct or not.
sashakaveri
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by caaitlinc)
I've noticed that not many people seem to be taking this exam. But I was wondering if anyone could help put together an unofficial mark scheme? I'd like to have a rough guess as to what grade I got but unfortunately I have no clue whether I got the answers correct or not.
Hey! I can't find hardly anyone else doing this course its a nightmare! Only 6 of us in my sixth form... How did you find the unit4??
caaitlinc
Rep:
?
6 of us do it in my class, but 3 are from another school! I found it better than I was expecting but I think that might mean grade boundaries are higher? It's so hard to revise for it though because there are literally no resources or anything! Just past papers and the textbook
sashakaveri
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
6 of us do it in my class, but 3 are from another school! I found it better than I was expecting but I think that might mean grade boundaries are higher? It's so hard to revise for it though because there are literally no resources or anything! Just past papers and the textbook
Yeah i know exactly what you mean, i thought the paper was 'okay'... Could have been worse, always dread physics! And yeah it also a pain because its in context and they coul literally ask you anything on the paper! How you feeling about unit 5?
cathartic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was supposed to wake up at 2 but I didn't 😭 can I revise physics in 6 hours ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
caaitlinc
Rep:
?
(Original post by sashakaveri)
Yeah i know exactly what you mean, i thought the paper was 'okay'... Could have been worse, always dread physics! And yeah it also a pain because its in context and they coul literally ask you anything on the paper! How you feeling about unit 5?
I'm feeling okay about unit 5 if I'm honest. Obviously still need to revise loads but feel relatively okay about it. The only thing that is bothering me about it, is how little thermodynamics came up in unit 4. So I bet there'll be loads on unit 5 and I'm not looking forward to it. Hate thermodynamics!
sashakaveri
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm feeling okay about unit 5 if I'm honest. Obviously still need to revise loads but feel relatively okay about it. The only thing that is bothering me about it, is how little thermodynamics came up in unit 4. So I bet there'll be loads on unit 5 and I'm not looking forward to it. Hate thermodynamics!
Oooh see I don't mind thermodynamics, I had to spend about a solid week just getting my head round it so its pretty rooted in now haha. I'm not keen on capacitor stuff, currents and electric stuff is not my strong point lol.. I feel like I need to relearn the whole unit before the exam though :afraid: What you looking at doing in September?
User2051385
Report 4 years ago
Unit 4 was hard for me personally, but that's because I didn't finish! Anyway, does anyone have the unofficial mark scheme on them??
sashakaveri
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Harj1)
Unit 4 was hard for me personally, but that's because I didn't finish! Anyway, does anyone have the unofficial mark scheme on them??
Ah man that's annoying. & I wouldn't hold your breath, only about 600 people in the whole country do it haha
User2051385
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sashakaveri)
Ah man that's annoying. & I wouldn't hold your breath, only about 600 people in the whole country do it haha
I think Unit 5 went better though. The calculations were fairly standard, so that was all right for me! Thanks for the support anyway! Just out of interest, which unis have you applied for?? Just so I know roughly where I stand. I've applied for LSE and City University, probably going to miss out on LSE.
User2051385
Report 4 years ago
Hey, is anybody online?!
User2051385
Report 4 years ago
Can someone please reply?!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?