Abigailmay97
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey☺️

Just wondering if anyone who has a place on either a paramedic science course or practice course has any tips regarding what to put in my personal statement etc when I apply next year.. Also what is the interview process like? Like what questions are asked etc.

I'm looking to apply for either LJMU or Edge Hill. Anyone else applying for September 2016?
RoisinFinnx
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Abigailmay97)
Hey☺️

Just wondering if anyone who has a place on either a paramedic science course or practice course has any tips regarding what to put in my personal statement etc when I apply next year.. Also what is the interview process like? Like what questions are asked etc.

I'm looking to apply for either LJMU or Edge Hill. Anyone else applying for September 2016?
Hey, I am also looking to apply September 2016 I have loads of places where im going for an open day edge hill is one of them! Just wondering what have you got so far for volunteering work??
Abigailmay97
Rep:
?
(Original post by RoisinFinnx)
Hey, I am also looking to apply September 2016 I have loads of places where im going for an open day edge hill is one of them! Just wondering what have you got so far for volunteering work??
Which open day are you going to for Edge Hill? I've got a part time job as a health care assistant and I also work with a like volunteering ambulance service near me called Devon EMS. I was going to look in to St Johns too! Just want as much experience as I can really! How about you? ? Also where abouts are you from?
RoisinFinnx
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Which open day are you going to for Edge Hill? I've got a part time job as a health care assistant and I also work with a like volunteering ambulance service near me called Devon EMS. I was going to look in to St Johns too! Just want as much experience as I can really! How about you? ? Also where abouts are you from?
Im going to the October 10th open day at Edge Hill wbu? and tbh I haven't currently got much to do which is medically based more like interacting with different age groups im currently waiting to hear back from st johns ambulance but no hospitals around me are currently accepting work experience/volunteers. im also waiting to hear back off a few nursing homes aswell. do you have any ideas what else I could do?
Abigailmay97
Rep:
?
(Original post by RoisinFinnx)
Im going to the October 10th open day at Edge Hill wbu? and tbh I haven't currently got much to do which is medically based more like interacting with different age groups im currently waiting to hear back from st johns ambulance but no hospitals around me are currently accepting work experience/volunteers. im also waiting to hear back off a few nursing homes aswell. do you have any ideas what else I could do?
Yeah me too! I'm not sure if they have it where you live but look in to like community first responding and stuff that would be a really good one to have. Other than that maybe get yourself first aid trained (if you aren't already) and try and help out at like local concerts and stuff? Literally anything you can get will help you out! ☺️
RoisinFinnx
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah me too! I'm not sure if they have it where you live but look in to like community first responding and stuff that would be a really good one to have. Other than that maybe get yourself first aid trained (if you aren't already) and try and help out at like local concerts and stuff? Literally anything you can get will help you out! ☺️
I am trained in emergency response so like a heart attack or stroke but im getting one of my teachers at school to see if he can get me first aid trained because then school will pay for it, if not ill just pay myself. Im going to try really hard over the next few weeks to get placements or volunteering over the summer. Having enough volunteering to get onto the course is probably my biggest concern aswell as having passes my license in time since ive only just turned 17!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (697)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (875)
42.56%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
19.07%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.47%

Watched Threads