What are your strengths? interview question

Watch
davidguettafan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi I was wondering what some of you have said for the "What are your strengths" question that could be asked at interview?

Thanks
superduper9
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by davidguettafan)
Hi I was wondering what some of you have said for the "What are your strengths" question that could be asked at interview?

Thanks
I normally state two types of strengths:

1. Strengths directly related to your job

This will be based on your skills to actually do the job. For example, if you're applying for a job as an accountant or clerk, then you would highlight your efficiency with numbers, high level of competancy in Maths, strong ability in general numerical work etc.

2. Strengths that are transferrable (general strengths)

Good team working skills / team player - most jobs require you to work with people, so it's important you fit in with others and work well with them. You could say that you encourage others, take guidance from your managers, create a positive working environment and in general are a nice person to work with - this will help increase productivity.

Time management - most jobs need you to finish a task by a particular date or time and you may have to handle two or three tasks at the same time, so you need to say you are able to manage your time well and can prioritise your tasks.

Good organisation skills - it's quite important that you have all the equipment to do your tasks, you know when you need to finish them by, who you need to contact or work with, where to give and receive infomation which you need for your task. So, being organised is always helpful when managing resources.

Motivation and drive - most employers like to hear that you're motivated to get better at your job, work yourself up to a higher position in their company and have goals which you would like to achieve in the short term and long term (for example, short term goal might be to master your current job duties, and a long term skill might be to become a team leader so you manage a handful of people and direct their duties whilst managing your own).

Determination / dealing with pressure - not giving up because the task is tough or because there's a lot of pressure on you. You can say that you cope with pressure well and seek to finish your task to the best of your ability without losing patience and staying calm.

Hope this helps! This is what I've said in interviews
davidguettafan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by superduper9)
I normally state two types of strengths:

1. Strengths directly related to your job

This will be based on your skills to actually do the job. For example, if you're applying for a job as an accountant or clerk, then you would highlight your efficiency with numbers, high level of competancy in Maths, strong ability in general numerical work etc.

2. Strengths that are transferrable (general strengths)

Good team working skills / team player - most jobs require you to work with people, so it's important you fit in with others and work well with them. You could say that you encourage others, take guidance from your managers, create a positive working environment and in general are a nice person to work with - this will help increase productivity.

Time management - most jobs need you to finish a task by a particular date or time and you may have to handle two or three tasks at the same time, so you need to say you are able to manage your time well and can prioritise your tasks.

Good organisation skills - it's quite important that you have all the equipment to do your tasks, you know when you need to finish them by, who you need to contact or work with, where to give and receive infomation which you need for your task. So, being organised is always helpful when managing resources.

Motivation and drive - most employers like to hear that you're motivated to get better at your job, work yourself up to a higher position in their company and have goals which you would like to achieve in the short term and long term (for example, short term goal might be to master your current job duties, and a long term skill might be to become a team leader so you manage a handful of people and direct their duties whilst managing your own).

Determination / dealing with pressure - not giving up because the task is tough or because there's a lot of pressure on you. You can say that you cope with pressure well and seek to finish your task to the best of your ability without losing patience and staying calm.

Hope this helps! This is what I've said in interviews
This is useful superduper thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Pretty much everything the poster above said is brilliant. Only thing I have to add I ve ever said is resilience
superduper9
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by davidguettafan)
This is useful superduper thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're welcome buddy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (18)
16.67%
No one else does (37)
34.26%
I'm embarrassed about my background (12)
11.11%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (35)
32.41%
We don't use a video platform (2)
1.85%
I don't have a camera (2)
1.85%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.85%

Watched Threads