Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i fainted when i got out of the shower and felt rwally sick etc blah blah blah. i'm just a bit worried about going to uni - what if it happens there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    i fainted when i got out of the shower and felt rwally sick etc blah blah blah. i'm just a bit worried about going to uni - what if it happens there?
    Youll probably die if it happens at uni, oh well

ReputationRep:
    how would it be different if it happened at uni?

(hope u feel better now)

ReputationRep:
    I would visit the doctor to see if their is any drugs you can take. It may have been a result of the heat, my sister used to faint a lot but she grew out of it, it could also be to with the blood sugar level (which it was in my sisters case) or in my case last week in hospital a sudden drop in blood preasure.

ReputationRep:
    If it happens, it happens.
    Not very helpful lol, but what do you expect to happen? :confused:
    That has happened to me a few times, I never actually fainted though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    how would it be different if it happened at uni?

(hope u feel better now)
    there'd be no one there to help me. yes i;m fine now thank you

ReputationRep:
    I collapsed once when I was feeling ill... apparently i was dehydrated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    that's a lovely thought, whatever happened to the bystanders? Go see a doctor tinykates! I used to blackout from overwork, and lack of sleep, hope it's not due to too much revising!

ReputationRep:
    LOL , if it happens there probably everyone in the dorm will see you naked.

Although I think you knew that and that's why you were worried. :confused:
    Do you know why you fainted? I get close to fainting when I stand up from sitting for ages, but I don't know how that applies to the shower.

Maybe a sudden change in temperature.

ReputationRep:
    Only kidding, in my experience you can feel yourself fainting before it actually happens, just sit down in a place you cant fall and sit it out. It happens to me in the shower as well, I think hot showers cause you to dehydrate - depending on how long you spend in them, and it does something to the blood flow to the brain, so as soon as you feel yourself fainting/get the whole tunnel vision thing just sit down !

ReputationRep:
    Don't mirrors steam up when you have a shower?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I would visit the doctor to see if their is any drugs you can take. It may have been a result of the heat, my sister used to faint a lot but she grew out of it, it could also be to with the blood sugar level (which it was in my sisters case) or in my case last week in hospital a sudden drop in blood preasure.
    been to the doctor a millions times (well twice). he just says it's low blood pressure an there's nothing he can do.

ReputationRep:
    Only kidding, in my experience you can feel yourself fainting before it actually happens, just sit down in a place you cant fall and sit it out. It happens to me in the shower as well, I think hot showers cause you to dehydrate - depending on how long you spend in them, and it does something to the blood flow to the brain, so as soon as you feel yourself fainting/get the whole tunnel vision thing just sit down !
    i still faint even if i sit down - lol. and sometimes it does come on really fast and i don;t have time

ReputationRep:
    been to the doctor a millions times (well twice). he just says it's low blood pressure an there's nothing he can do.
    I am not a doctor but dosn't cafine rise blood peasure? Maybe we alll need to make you stressed so that your blood preasure rises so you won't faint

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I am not a doctor but dosn't cafine rise blood peasure? Maybe we alll need to make you stressed so that your blood preasure rises so you won't faint
    lol - i think that's my problem. i'm too chilled out. ah well - i jus wondered if anyone had any advice. not to worry. thanks anyway guys

ReputationRep:
    there'd be no one there to help me. yes i;m fine now thank you
    i'm sure ur flat mates would help you. would be a bit dodgy if you colapsed naked in the shower and they were male though.

maybe it was because the shower was too hot, i find that can sometimes make me feel a bit dizzy.

Where about did u fall over? sounds like ur lucky, you could have hit ur head really badly off the sink or bath or something.

ReputationRep:
    i still faint even if i sit down - lol. and sometimes it does come on really fast and i don;t have time
    Yeh but if you faint whilst sitting down you dont hit your head on things and crack your skull open

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    i'm sure ur flat mates would help you. would be a bit dodgy if you colapsed naked in the shower and they were male though.

maybe it was because the shower was too hot, i find that can sometimes make me feel a bit dizzy.

Where about did u fall over? sounds like ur lucky, you could have hit ur head really badly off the sink or bath or something.
    Why would it be dodgy? Its not as if they would take advantage of the situation and have sex with an unconscious tinykates is it?

ReputationRep:
    lol - i think that's my problem. i'm too chilled out. ah well - i jus wondered if anyone had any advice. not to worry. thanks anyway guys
    Hmm,, this is a dangerous suggestion but doesn't salt raise your blood pressure? (i think that's why it's dangerous)... maybe not a good idea to have lots of salt to cure it, but just a thought.

ReputationRep:
    I really hurt my fingers today. After about a month of no playing I just played guitar for about 3 hours solid, after similar amounts of play on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Now my finger tips just BURN.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 31, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.