Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This question relates to the Roman Life paper from OCR Latin GCSE.

Anyone else who is taking this this year?

My school has told us to revise 'Daily Life in Roman Society' (including housing, forums, shops, water supply etc) but the syllabus is pretty clear that this will not be examined in 2004. The three topics from which we will be examined on we have barely covered ('Roman army', 'City of Rome' and 'Structure of Roman society')

Basically, my question is should I disreguard what my teacher has set and revise (or learn from scratch) what the syllabus specifies? Anybody else taking this: what have you been told to revise?

ReputationRep:
    I do Aqa so i wouldnt know

learn it all it doesnt take that long

or if i were you just dont bother, latin background is only like 10%, set texts are much more important, and most of the questions u can just blag like 'what do romans do in their spare times, what do slaves do' etc

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.