How do you value a car that that has only one for sale in the country. Watch

hsv
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I was looking at Venturi Atlantique 300 prices a while back to get a ball park figure of a price at the time and there seemed to be only one for sale in the uk that I could find selling at around £35,000. I looked a few months later and it was still for sale. Maybe if someone purchased it it would be difficult to sell on unless to a Venturi club member or something, but I was wondering how is the price determined on such a car if there are no comparable cars for sale in the market when the car is for sale. Do you look at historical prices for Venturi Atlantique 300 cars and base the selling price in that? Maybe if there are no similar cars for sale the seller can name their price?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There are loads of price guides available, like CAP, Glasses, Parkers etc, so you can get a price indication from them. But if you mean how do they get their prices when there aren't any for sale, I have no idea.
omarion526
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
historical prices are the go. The guides such as parkers and the redbook are all far too vague. At the end of the day, if there's none for sale, it's an ideal opportunity to price high and haggle. Supply and demand is in your favour. Have an idea of what it's worth to you and price accordingly. Try to avoid going too high and chipping the price away, it puts off potentials who think they're better off waiting
jamesthehustler
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
the price high method works with most people before hagglers get in but you can find undervalued raritys my uncle has a 1968 triumph stag in restorable condition that he got for just £400 and a friend who has a business private fixing cars to make a profit has bought a lincoln town car limousine for just a grand because it needed welding and a ferrari with a no front after a crash he fixed them up for £30,000 and made £150,000 overall
omarion526
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
true as it is, not an indicator you can go by if you're trying to put a budget price together for a car, plus it's very rare that an already uncommon car will come up as a fixer upper
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (43)
16.67%
McCoys Salt and Vinegar (19)
7.36%
McCoys Flame Grilled Steak (17)
6.59%
Walkers Prawn Cockail (28)