The Student Room Group

Retail/restaurant management non-degree qualifications?

I'm a non-graduate who has worked for the NHS for a few years with a little supervisory/junior management experience although no qualifications. I'm 22.

I'm considering changing careers and eventually want to work in retail or restaurant/bar management and have recently been offered an interview for a deputy manager role for a mid-size retail company which if I manage to get, I will use to gain experience.

However I want to bolster my CV so when I take the next step up (manager) either in a retail or restaurant role, I will look more impressive alongside the experience I have gained. I have no restaurant/bar experience but I hear that management experience in retail is good enough to be accepted in a restaurant management role.

What non-degree management qualifications or certificates can I earn (in less than 18 months) that will look good on my CV for either a restaurant/bar manager or retail manager position?

I was thinking along the lines of business management, health & safety, food hygiene etc but will consider anything as long as it's beneficial and looks good on my CV.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending