katsanders2107
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I would like to pursue a career somewhere along the lines of research on the disease front. Im unsure of the uni course that would be best suited for this; biomed, biochem, pharm, etc? I've been doing lots of research but I'm struggling to tell the difference between them and what would be best for what i want to do. Any help would be appreciated
Lethorio
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Biomedical science is primarily human biology, with a focus on health.
Biological science is a far more broad degree, and includes plants, animals, evolution, ecosystems, genetics, etc.
Biochemistry is obviously far more chemistry heavy, and focuses on biochemical processes in humans, animals and plants. There is also a lot of molecular and cell biology.
Pharmacology/Pharmacy is the study of drugs and their effects on the body.

If you're primarily interested in disease, biomedical science would be your best option.
katsanders2107
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thankyou! I think I'm going to stick with biomedicine because that's the subjects I'm most interested in. Just looking at unis now and which ones have the best modules for what I'm interested in!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.29%
I'm not sure (33)
4.26%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (238)
30.71%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.45%
I'm not a current university student (382)
49.29%

Watched Threads