The Student Room Group

Edexcel German A Level 18th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Good luck today everyone!
How did you all find it?
The questions were great. Really relieved had lots to talk about! =) What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hypnagogictwerk
The questions were great. Really relieved had lots to talk about! =) What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep. Social background came up so I was really please because I could integrate all of the stuff from my last post on the previous page of this thread in to my essay :smile:

Translation was easy. And I chose the online shopping discursive essay :smile:
Original post by Tomsaints
Yep. Social background came up so I was really please because I could integrate all of the stuff from my last post on the previous page of this thread in to my essay :smile:

Nice one, yeah haha I avoided the shopping one!! Had most to write on the longer prison sentences one =) the translation was good, just 2 months to find out if we've done well...
Nice one, yeah haha I avoided the shopping one!! Had most to write on the longer prison sentences one =) the translation was good, just 2 months to find out if we've done well...

Yep! I'm confident because of how well I thought the research based essay went.

I briefly forgot the word for 'Coast' until I remembered Küste ;D

Good luck on results day!
Yep! I'm confident because of how well I thought the research based essay went.

I briefly forgot the word for 'Coast' until I remembered Küste ;D

Good luck on results day!

Haha yeah I did have to think, I always get umlauts wrong xD
Thank you so much! Best of luck to you too, what you planning on doing where/what/what ya need? =)
Haha yeah I did have to think, I always get umlauts wrong xD
Thank you so much! Best of luck to you too, what you planning on doing where/what/what ya need? =)

Hoping to do German at reading uni. Need a B in German for that so I'm confident :smile:

What's your plan?
Hoping to do German at reading uni. Need a B in German for that so I'm confident :smile:

What's your plan?

Awesome, you'll have a great time there :wink: I'm hoping to do psychology at Holloway, have loved learning German though. Gonna learn some French over the hols

Posted from TSR Mobile

I kept mentioning social background instead of cultural background because I forgot the question said cultural and there's no distinction in the play I've studied. Do you reckon they would deduct loads of marks because I mentioned social rather than cultural?
Original post by Vicky7107
I kept mentioning social background instead of cultural background because I forgot the question said cultural and there's no distinction in the play I've studied. Do you reckon they would deduct loads of marks because I mentioned social rather than cultural?

They are the same thing lol
thank god that's over with!
I used to really love learning german but doing it at A level really bored me and my teachers werent exactly amazing...
anyway thanks for the fun german but glad to never do you again
Original post by lizziecr
thank god that's over with!
I used to really love learning german but doing it at A level really bored me and my teachers werent exactly amazing...
anyway thanks for the fun german but glad to never do you again

Lol I actually quite enjoyed German at a level xD so much so that I want to do it at uni.

Ah well, each to their own I guess. Hope you did well in the exam :smile:
Lol I actually quite enjoyed German at a level xD so much so that I want to do it at uni.

Ah well, each to their own I guess. Hope you did well in the exam :smile:

how did you translate the bit where one boy said 'if we went to italy, we could visit the beautiful towns' :smile:
I put something like 'wenn wir nach Italien gefahren sind, konnten (with an umlaut) wir die schonen (with umlaut) Stadte besuchen
Original post by connortyler
I put something like 'wenn wir nach Italien gefahren sind, konnten (with an umlaut) wir die schonen (with umlaut) Stadte besuchen

Yeah I basiclaly said that but with 'gingen' instead of 'gefahren sind'. But both work so we should be ok haha
Original post by connortyler

Also there should've been umlauts in Städte

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending