Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    in relation with the 'what are you most looking forward to' thread

for me it's being so far away from home (over 5 hours)
    trying to attempt a long distance realtionship

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    My mum when my dad goes away on business. She'll probably get really drunk and kill herself falling downstairs or something.
    And running out of money.
    And everybody thinking I'm a goon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    in relation with the 'what are you most looking forward to' thread

for me it's being so far away from home (over 5 hours)
    trying to attempt a long distance realtionship

lou xxx
    I keep panicking about running out of money, with the living costs being so high. And I'm also awful at washing my own clothes, cleaning and the like. I'll patently just leave a pile of laundery to fester under my bed or something while sipping drinks in the bar.

I'm not too worried about having no friends at the start, as lots of my friends are also off to london (but none on the same course, which gives me chance to meet new ones!)

ReputationRep:
    not having really good friends. my friends at the moment are dead fabulous and i suspect the chances of finding other friends who don't find me boring, and who i don't find boring, are slim. although one of my fancy bristol friends is going to the same uni and possibly the same accomodation as me so it's likely that things will be ok. but what if everyone are jerks?

a little worried about leaving my mother on her own, cos it'll be just her in the house and i'll feel mean.

also worried that i wont like my flatmates. and worried that the ovens wont be very good and my cakes'll burn.

ReputationRep:
    Failing, running out of money, it not living up to my expectations

But hopefully that won't happen

Two words....*white* and *wash*!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm thinking Im going to have the largest dry-cleaning bill of any student....EVER!!!

ReputationRep:
    Everyone seems worried about not making friends, or that they won't like people. People at uni are what you make of them. If you go out intending to make friends (although obviously not in a hyperactive scary way) then you probably will. There are so many new people there, that logically there have to be some that you like. I really can't think of many people here that I actively dislike - there are some I choose not to spend time with, but it wouldn't kill me if I had to.

(Original post by Helenia)
    Everyone seems worried about not making friends, or that they won't like people. People at uni are what you make of them. If you go out intending to make friends (although obviously not in a hyperactive scary way) then you probably will. There are so many new people there, that logically there have to be some that you like. I really can't think of many people here that I actively dislike - there are some I choose not to spend time with, but it wouldn't kill me if I had to.
    Im perfectly fine with being a complete social outcast as long as my t-shirt is pure and pristine white!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    The bread stealing ho ***** was the only person I hated in my whole first year.

(Original post by Daveo)
    The bread stealing ho ***** was the only person I hated in my whole first year.
    Get the feeling there is a very intersting story somewhere there!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    Get the feeling there is a very intersting story somewhere there!!!
    Yes, do tell? I'm sure there's more to it than you liking her at first until she nicked your loaf of hovis.

(Original post by Mysticmin)
    Yes, do tell? I'm sure there's more to it than you liking her at first until she nicked your loaf of hovis.
    I'm sure he could deal with a Hovis theft....surely it was Warburton's!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure he could deal with a Hovis theft....surely it was Warburton's!!!
    Twas indeed Warburtons and I was having none of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Twas indeed Warburtons and I was having none of it.
    Oooh, he's not going to take that lightly She should have thought before she stole.

ReputationRep:
    If I can make freinds at university and live at home then trust me any 'goon' can. Also people are more mature at university so any problems people have had in their school life will probably never surfice at university.

(Original post by Mysticmin)
    Oooh, he's not going to take that lightly She should have thought before she stole.
    *Note to self - Bread theft = BAD!!!*

ReputationRep:
    1. Not getting in! (quite a biggie that one)
    2. Leaving my grandmother behind (we're very close and she has cancer)
    3. Moving in with my boyf for the first time
    4. Missing out because i won't be living in halls

ReputationRep:
    *Note to self - Bread theft = BAD!!!*
    Especially when it happens recurrently even in some cases with new unopened packs even when your in the room. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

(Original post by Sarky)
    1. Not getting in! (quite a biggie that one)
    On the upside, if I fail to get in then I can have my mummy wash my whites and unmetionables for anohter year whilst I redo upper 6th...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Especially when it happens recurrently even in some cases with new unopened packs even when your in the room. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Oooooh, that's bad, that is. Milk theft I can deal with, because we all have the same cartons and everyone makes mistakes sometimes. But bread-stealing is bad. Mind you, I am living with two boaties next year, so I have plans to become the Malt Loaf fairy

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.