Turn on thread page Beta

what are you most worried about uni? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    Two words....*white* and *wash*!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm thinking Im going to have the largest dry-cleaning bill of any student....EVER!!!

Washing isn't hard - jut stick the stuff in the machine, add washing liquid and press the "whites" button.

Now ironing is another matter - I have 2 weeks left of my first year and haven't ironed a single thing...

(Original post by loftx)
    Washing isn't hard - jut stick the stuff in the machine, add washing liquid and press the "whites" button.

Now ironing is another matter - I have 2 weeks left of my first year and haven't ironed a single thing...
    So this ironing of which you speak....what the hell is that?!?

Seriously though, your talking to someone who has dyed his favorite white shirt a diluted shade of pink due to his inability to wash...

ReputationRep:
    3 things mainly:

Living away from home
    Flatmates
    Running out of money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Oooooh, that's bad, that is. Milk theft I can deal with, because we all have the same cartons and everyone makes mistakes sometimes. But bread-stealing is bad. Mind you, I am living with two boaties next year, so I have plans to become the Malt Loaf fairy
    Surely it should be Malt Loaf and Tuna!

ReputationRep:
    *Note to self - Bread theft = BAD!!!*
    *nods* definitely, I will store my bread in locked cupboard Or just not buy expensive loafs...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    in relation with the 'what are you most looking forward to' thread

for me it's being so far away from home (over 5 hours)
    trying to attempt a long distance realtionship

lou xxx
    I'm worried about not enjoying it in general, I'm worried that when I get there I will feel too insecure to enjoy anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    Surely it should be Malt Loaf and Tuna!
    Mine haven't discovered tuna yet, I don't think. One of them did write a poem about malt loaf though.

ReputationRep:
    Mine haven't discovered tuna yet, I don't think. One of them did write a poem about malt loaf though.
    Now that, is creativity. He's not an english student perchance?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's only for the hardest of the hardcore boaties? I dunno. The mere mention of the words "malt loaf and tuna" causes me to shiver. Imagine eating it! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Oooooh, that's bad, that is. Milk theft I can deal with, because we all have the same cartons and everyone makes mistakes sometimes. But bread-stealing is bad. Mind you, I am living with two boaties next year, so I have plans to become the Malt Loaf fairy
    Just buy low fat stuff and they wouldn't touch it. But every boatie goes weak at the knees when Malt loaf is mentined.

ReputationRep:
    Im perfectly fine with being a complete social outcast as long as my t-shirt is pure and pristine white!!!
    You'd like it here:

*knock on my door, it's my friend*

"Hiya, I'm doing a white wash, anything you want to add? I'll bring it back when it's done"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    Now that, is creativity. He's not an english student perchance?
    No, he's a fellow medic, scarily. Who despite living on the river, is most likely to whup my ass in exams, starting tomorrow.

Baz...maltloaf maltloaf maltloaf....

I actually quite like the stuff. But I like it in a civilised way, eating slices of it with butter, not arriving late to supervision and tucking into a WHOLE one from the packet. Sainsbury's have it on 2 for 1 permanently - they must be raking it in!

ReputationRep:
    Baz...maltloaf maltloaf maltloaf....

I actually quite like the stuff. But I like it in a civilised way, eating slices of it with butter, not arriving late to supervision and tucking into a WHOLE one from the packet. Sainsbury's have it on 2 for 1 permanently - they must be raking it in!
    A nice malt loaf at 6am really sets the day up. And then another one at 9am before tutorials, and maybe one after an evenings row. You don't know what you're missing.

ReputationRep:
    What am I worried about?
    1) not getting my grades
    2) being homesick
    3) running out of money
    4) not coping with the workload at uni
    5) tumble-drying clothes without shrinking them

ReputationRep:
    Is Malt Loaf that Noreen/Doreen/Moreen stuff?
    If it is... blimey... that must keep you regular if you eat three loaves a day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    So that's why the river is always so dirty! :eek:

P.S. Soreen

ReputationRep:
    Soreen, I believe. I have plans to build a small castle with the ones I am going to steal (temporarily, of course - I have no intention of eating them!)

EmJ - only tumble dry stuff that is ok to tumble dry. Take a rack to hang things on.

ReputationRep:
    Well, 2 is the norm. I normally have half at 6am, the other nalf at 9am, and then a fresh one in the evening. And indeed, you could set your watch to it; that's how regular it keeps you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BazTheMoney)
    Well, 2 is the norm. I normally have half at 6am, the other nalf at 9am, and then a fresh one in the evening. And indeed, you could set your watch to it; that's how regular it keeps you.
    There is such a thing as too much information, even for a medic :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I will miss my room. I got a nice room. Been here for 3 years.

Not sure my place at Oxford will be as nice

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.