The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Gwarwick
I bought a laptop thats it. I will be buying most my things in England, rather than travelling to england with 4 suitcases.

I'm just worried about how expensive stuff in England is. I don't even have appropriate winter clothing because I'm from South East Asia. Eeek! I will pack light though, and someone really helpful has just informed me that I won't need to bother with much cultery and cooking stuff as I'm living in catered accomodation.
Reply 81
lilsunflower
I'm just worried about how expensive stuff in England is. I don't even have appropriate winter clothing because I'm from South East Asia. Eeek! I will pack light though, and someone really helpful has just informed me that I won't need to bother with much cultery and cooking stuff as I'm living in catered accomodation.

What price range, in pounds sterling, would you consider expensive.
There are many "cheap" places to buy stuff in the UK, but they may still appear expensive, depending on what prices you are used to dealing with.
Reply 82
i went to get the disney bowls so talked about on this thread...they had sold out...i went to get duck fairy lights...also sold out....the world is against me...
My collection of things has grown and grown. I'm not sure how it'll all fit in the car.

I have a lot of photo frames and plant pots. In IKEA they're so cheap, and you can paint them! Un-varnished flower pots are fifty pence and I've painted them so pretty. I have maybe over thirty photo frames, but they include massive ones, medium ones, and tiny ones, and 3-D picture frames (for plasticine models). In the painting theme, I painted in, out and pending trays to put my work in. And I painted a tiny wooden easel for painting tiny pictures on. I also painted a key cabinet I bought, which I may use to keep necklaces in. It has Ron Weasley's head on an emu on the front. It's fabulous.

I also got a lot of kitchens things. I like my martini glasses and melon baller best, but my springform cake tin with a hole in the middle is quite special too. I also got a poster of Busted riding their bicycles. Also I bought a duvet cover with ants on it.

Writing this stuff on here makes me realise how much impractical stuff I bought, and this isn't even half of it. Oops.

Emma
xxx

Latest

Trending

Trending