Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    I didnt say anything about dancing...just the other tripe you were waffling on about
    Lol as you can see sans articulation!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm!? 80%MHR for 40 minutes? Thats bloody hard work, Id of thought it would of taken a while to get to that sort of intensity.

I might add that although your burning calories during exercise the effects arent noticeable instantly. Remember a pound of fat contains 3500 calories, so after a workout which burns 500 youre not going to visibly notice any fat loss. Its only after a week of doing it or whatever that you start to notice it...
    Well i was working initially at 80%mhr on the cross trainer, started march/april, and progressed to 40 on that.. Then obviously started 25-30min on the treadmill and worked to 40min. Yes it fluctuates, and sometimes goes over 90% when i increase the speed nearing the end. But i do work at that, and it is bloody hard work!! Taking it's toll on occasions i will admit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Specialheffa)
    Well i was working initially at 80%mhr on the cross trainer, started march/april, and progressed to 40 on that.. Then obviously started 25-30min on the treadmill and worked to 40min. Yes it fluctuates, and sometimes goes over 90% when i increase the speed nearing the end. But i do work at that, and it is bloody hard work!! Taking it's toll on occasions i will admit!
    Yeh cardio does get extremely tedious, it is hard to stick to, you just need to keep at it, theres no easy solution here Im afraid

ReputationRep:
    YOur comment on the accuracy. When i did 40min at 80%mhr, it said i burnt 410 calories. What would be your estimation then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    Lol as you can see sans articulation!!!
    And from a budding journalist, bad form Dani dear.

ReputationRep:
    just don't eat...or you could try becoming a veggie OR go on a low carb diet (e.g the atkins)

ReputationRep:
    Yeh cardio does get extremely tedious, it is hard to stick to, you just need to keep at it, theres no easy solution here Im afraid
    You're absolutely right!! Although, i am now incorporating running outside, the park etc.. And hopefully will have the confidence with myself to go swimming.. can't wait for that!!

ReputationRep:
    yeah, as dani said, making subtle changes like stopping eating meat and white bread can work wonders... did for me too.
    i have found when i've been on insane exercise reigimes (ie. 2 hours intensive gym workout a day) i get annoyed that i am not losing weight... i reckon thats partially due to putting on muscle. also if you've started drinking more water then that'll make it appear like youve put weight on when you step on the scales, when really you just have a belly full of water!
    i used to be ultra fit and obsessed with exercise, then did none for a year and got fat... so it mustve been doing some good!!! i have to admit that i have lost 2 stones in 6 months doing no exercise at all... unhealthy yes, but at least now i can return to the gym with a little (if wobbly) bottom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charters)
    just don't eat...or you could try becoming a veggie OR go on a low carb diet (e.g the atkins)
    First idea-BADDDD
    Second one- I've done that and it's working slightly...I feel tonnes better
    Third-Only if you want to stink

ReputationRep:
    Lol!! I am a vegetarian (and have been for 5yrs!) and on low-carb...

lol.. don't eat, just plain ridiculous!

ReputationRep:
    YOur comment on the accuracy. When i did 40min at 80%mhr, it said i burnt 410 calories. What would be your estimation then?
    I couldnt even guess, for a start, people burn normal calories at different rates whilst doing exercise, secondly, the amount of those calories burned from fat/carbs/protein is different for everybody, and it fluctuates according to heartrate. Absolutely impossible to guess I might also add that, 80% Heart rate youre gonna be burning mostly carbs Try reducing it to 60%, where most of the calories burned will be from fat.

ReputationRep:
    Lol!! I am a vegetarian (and have been for 5yrs!) and on low-carb...

lol.. don't eat, just plain ridiculous!
    not eating that isn't rediculous, I know loads of people who don't actually eat...unless we go out to dinner or something!

ReputationRep:
    My mum bought me some of these Adios herbal slimming tablets. I won't touch them though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fifi53)
    yeah, as dani said, making subtle changes like stopping eating meat and white bread can work wonders... did for me too.
    i have found when i've been on insane exercise reigimes (ie. 2 hours intensive gym workout a day) i get annoyed that i am not losing weight... i reckon thats partially due to putting on muscle. also if you've started drinking more water then that'll make it appear like youve put weight on when you step on the scales, when really you just have a belly full of water!
    i used to be ultra fit and obsessed with exercise, then did none for a year and got fat... so it mustve been doing some good!!! i have to admit that i have lost 2 stones in 6 months doing no exercise at all... unhealthy yes, but at least now i can return to the gym with a little (if wobbly) bottom.
    You think doing a 2 hour gym workout(I presume youre talking about cardio here) is going to put on ANY muscle??? Nevermind the muscle gain equalling fat loss.

ReputationRep:
    I couldnt even guess, for a start, people burn normal calories at different rates whilst doing exercise, secondly, the amount of those calories burned from fat/carbs/protein is different for everybody, and it fluctuates according to heartrate. Absolutely impossible to guess I might also add that, 80% Heart rate youre gonna be burning mostly carbs Try reducing it to 60%, where most of the calories burned will be from fat.
    Ah right, even more for contention now... so work at roughly 60% but surely if you increase the speed (therefore calories burnt) then heart rate will increase, which is a contradiction. SInce too high is carb, lower fat, but need to burn calories!!

AAHAHH!

ReputationRep:
    My mum bought me some of these Adios herbal slimming tablets. I won't touch them though.
    why not?

ReputationRep:
    not eating that isn't rediculous, I know loads of people who don't actually eat...unless we go out to dinner or something!
    Of course you do.

ReputationRep:
    Thats called "anorexia"

ReputationRep:
    Thats called "anorexia"
    yes but its not my place to call girls anorexic is it!

ReputationRep:
    Ah right, even more for contention now... so work at roughly 60% but surely if you increase the speed (therefore calories burnt) then heart rate will increase, which is a contradiction. SInce too high is carb, lower fat, but need to burn calories!!

AAHAHH!
    Yes youll burn less calories, but the calories youll burn will be more from fat. I think youll agree, burning 300 fat calories is better than burning 400 carb calories - especially when the next time you eat its probably going to contain a hefty amount of carbs.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.