The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Or bulimia if they bring up their 'dinner'....
Charters
why not?
because they may help me lose weight but what other things do they do to you? It's as bad as getting lipo, no stamina...no will to work yourself out of it. If you don't get into a good habit then you won't know how to maintain your weight afterwards
Reply 42
And yes the heartrate will increase, when your heartrate goes above 160 you burn mostly carbs..
Reply 43
But if you didn't eat a lot in the first place you wouldn't need to lose weight, quite simple really
Reply 44
Charters
But if you didn't eat a lot in the first place you wouldn't need to lose weight, quite simple really

Youre an idiot.
Reply 45
imasillynarb
Yes youll burn less calories, but the calories youll burn will be more from fat. I think youll agree, burning 300 fat calories is better than burning 400 carb calories - especially when the next time you eat its probably going to contain a hefty amount of carbs.

Right ok... well i've cut out ALOT of the carbs, so lets burn those fat calories... sorry to ask but do you how much work, say 30-40min cardio at 60% will burn calorie wise?

Thanks narb for your help again.
From what I know, i think your brain needs 1000 calories per day at least. 1500 calories for a woman if you want to stay the same weight and 1200 caloroes if you want to loose weight. It's best not to loose any more than 2-3 pounds a week.

For a man, their daily allowance should be about 2000 calories per day
Charters
Actually up to the age of 16 I weighed about 6 stone, my body changed and my metabolism changed as well. So I wasn't doing anything wrong. I wasn't eating a lot in the first place...narrow minded fuck
Charters

It's not as simple as that
Reply 49
Specialheffa
Right ok... well i've cut out ALOT of the carbs, so lets burn those fat calories... sorry to ask but do you how much work, say 30-40min cardio at 60% will burn calorie wise?

Thanks narb for your help again.

It depends what cardio youre doing, but probably 300-400? You dont need to cut out all carbs, just make sure the carbs you eat are complex ...
Reply 50
imasillynarb
You think doing a 2 hour gym workout(I presume youre talking about cardio here) is going to put on ANY muscle??? Nevermind the muscle gain equalling fat loss.

i used to run a mile or 2, and then row/x-train ... then i'd switch to weights machines/ free weights. did about an hour of each cardio and resistance/weights. i definately put on a lot of muscle.
Reply 51
Silly Sally
It's not as simple as that

what...so you look at a bar of chocolate and the weight mysteriously appears
Reply 52
Danithestudent
Actually up to the age of 16 I weighed about 6 stone, my body changed and my metabolism changed as well. So I wasn't doing anything wrong. I wasn't eating a lot in the first place...narrow minded fuck

I doubt your metabolism changed, the crap you ate probably just caught up with you..
Charters

Well it seems to be the case for me!!! :frown:
Reply 54
Yea not to eat the 'white ones' as i called it..

I was a pasta fanatic but don't eat alot, maybe one meal a week or two...

Only brown bread, little rice... i have been eating more potatoes though.. however they are boiled only..

I'm enoying it, but sometimes gets a bit annoying you can't eat what you want...lol
imasillynarb
I doubt your metabolism changed, the crap you ate probably just caught up with you..

The only crap I really ate was just drinking too much coke. I've always been pretty healthy. I hate chips lol. Anything that contains noticeable fat (pork etc) makes me throw up.
Reply 56
To burn off fat you should train between 60-70% of max heart rate. 70-80% will develop your cardiovascular system.
Reply 57
fifi53
i used to run a mile or 2, and then row/x-train ... then i'd switch to weights machines/ free weights. did about an hour of each cardio and resistance/weights. i definately put on a lot of muscle.

Please...

Cardio is detremental to muscle growth, muscle weighs more than fat, therefore, your body prefers to burn it first, doing 2 hours of cardio a day is going to pretty much burn every ounce of muscle on your body.

Hypertrophy is probably not going to be stimulated by cardio at all, and maybe it will be in your first few sessions, but not after that.

How much muscle do you think you put on by doing these mammoth cardio sessions? In pounds of course.
Charters

Basically some people may not eat that much but because they have a low metabolism rate, they don't break down the foods they eat as easily as other people. So although they are eating little, what they eat may be enough to put on weight. For example my cousin has a high metabolic rate and he eats SO MUCH MORE THAN ME, but looks considerably thinner than myself
Reply 59
Danithestudent
The only crap I really ate was just drinking too much coke. I've always been pretty healthy. I hate chips lol. Anything that contains noticeable fat (pork etc) makes me throw up.

Err, pork is pretty lean, providing you dont eat the slabs of fat attached to it..

Latest

Trending

Trending