Which computer should I buy for my studies

Watch this thread
silverpuma
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi all, need some advice. I'm starting a OU degree course on maths beginning October as a very mature student:-). I have a Desk top compute but my old laptop has gave up and my wife uses the samsung tablet. so I have an excuse to buy myself a laptop/tablet for my studies.

I use a win8 phone but had androids as well so I'm comfortable with both. At present I'm torn between a chromebook or a surface 2 probably buying ether used on here or ebay. For note taking the chromebook would have evernote and the surface onenote. Any opinions which would be best for my maths journey or is there a better idea that I have missed. or is there better note taking software/apps?

Thanks for advice ......

PS....I like apple products and think they are good but for me they are too expensive so I have ruled them out.
Binary Freak
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by silverpuma)
Hi all, need some advice. I'm starting a OU degree course on maths beginning October as a very mature student:-). I have a Desk top compute but my old laptop has gave up and my wife uses the samsung tablet. so I have an excuse to buy myself a laptop/tablet for my studies.

I use a win8 phone but had androids as well so I'm comfortable with both. At present I'm torn between a chromebook or a surface 2 probably buying ether used on here or ebay. For note taking the chromebook would have evernote and the surface onenote. Any opinions which would be best for my maths journey or is there a better idea that I have missed. or is there better note taking software/apps?

Thanks for advice ......

PS....I like apple products and think they are good but for me they are too expensive so I have ruled them out.
IMO, go with the Surface 2, or another convertible laptop. Get One Note (MS Office suite) and you'll be all set for note taking and general use
silverpuma
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Binary Freak)
IMO, go with the Surface 2, or another convertible laptop. Get One Note (MS Office suite) and you'll be all set for note taking and general use
Yes, I am leaning to the surface 2 as well but still not fully decided. does anyone have recommendations for apps for my studies apart from onenote?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (84)
67.74%
No (29)
23.39%
I didn't use it to prepare (11)
8.87%

Watched Threads