The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Queries of transferring

Hi all, I am a student of University of Glasgow year 2 Civil Engineering.

Since my grade actually very bad and failed to progress for University of Glasgow. Actually is that possible to transfer to Strathclyde? Hope forward for some advice. Thanks.!!
Reply 1
Original post by s2001190
Hi all, I am a student of University of Glasgow year 2 Civil Engineering.

Since my grade actually very bad and failed to progress for University of Glasgow. Actually is that possible to transfer to Strathclyde? Hope forward for some advice. Thanks.!!

I don't think any University will let you proceed to Year 3, if you have not passed the grade requirements of Glasgow for year 2. I would suggest that you email Strathclyde, for a definite answer.
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
I am also a second year student at Glasgow uni who was hoping to get into Third year. I failed two of my modules by 1% and I have been told it doesn't matter what I get in resits - I'm not allowed into third year (even though I got some pretty high grades). I am in the middle of transferring to Strathclyde to a second year course. Even if I had passed third year I would not be allowed into their third year as they do more Maths credits in second year which I have not done.

But I say email the head of the department for your course at Strathclyde. Also I have been told that Strathclyde don't do the stupid GPA thing that Glasgow do (which is the reason I can't get into third year) until later years. You would have to apply via ucas like I am doing but I would talk to someone before doing that. I wouldn't waste too much time in case you don't get into the course you want.

Wish you luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending