MA Social Work University Of Birmingham Watch

Poonamk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi. Anyone starting the MA in Social Work September 2015?
Hannahmb10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi yes I am starting in September :-). I don't know of anyone else who is yet though x
Poonamk
Rep:
?
Ah brill! Finally found someone who will be starting with me! Are you living in Birmingham or commuting?
Hannahmb10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Poonamk)
Ah brill! Finally found someone who will be starting with me! Are you living in Birmingham or commuting?
Hopefully living in Birmingham if money allows, I don't fancy commuting from Leicester everyday! What about you? :-)
Poonamk
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hannahmb10)
Hopefully living in Birmingham if money allows, I don't fancy commuting from Leicester everyday! What about you? :-)
I'm only in Wolverhampton but I'm opting to live there as well...don't fancy getting stuck in the morning traffic!lol! Have you found a place to stay yet? I've had a hell of a time looking for something nice and decent! Finally found some private halls though!
Hannahmb10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm only in Wolverhampton but I'm opting to live there as well...don't fancy getting stuck in the morning traffic!lol! Have you found a place to stay yet? I've had a hell of a time looking for something nice and decent! Finally found some private halls though!
I haven't found anything just yet, I'm still looking and going to view a few houses. Are you sharing with others? Have you applied for bursery?
Poonamk
Rep:
?
I haven't found anything just yet, I'm still looking and going to view a few houses. Are you sharing with others? Have you applied for bursery?
Yeah I applied for the bursary. Sent all my stuff off and got confirmation that i will be getting the travel allowance. The uni told me on friday that i'm on their bursary list and they have 44 bursaries for MA students this year! Have you had your confirmation yet? I'm just waiting to hear about the maintainence grant now really as that would be a big help with living costs! I looked at a few houses but wasn't overly impressed so went for halls. They are on-suite rooms but you share a large kitchen and living space with 6 others so it's not too bad!
Hannahmb10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I applied for the bursary. Sent all my stuff off and got confirmation that i will be getting the travel allowance. The uni told me on friday that i'm on their bursary list and they have 44 bursaries for MA students this year! Have you had your confirmation yet? I'm just waiting to hear about the maintainence grant now really as that would be a big help with living costs! I looked at a few houses but wasn't overly impressed so went for halls. They are on-suite rooms but you share a large kitchen and living space with 6 others so it's not too bad!
Yeah I've had confirmation too. I hadn't considered halls, I'll have to have a look! X
Poonamk
Rep:
?
Yeah I've had confirmation too. I hadn't considered halls, I'll have to have a look! X
Congrats on the Bursary! The one i'm booking is called Cadnam Halls! I didn't find it on many websites but it randomly cropped up on one! It's in harborn so it's a nice location! Hope you find something!
MannersTalk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey Guys!

I'm also starting in September and I cannot wait.

Has anyone been sent a provisional reading list?

Poonamk
Rep:
?
(Original post by MannersTalk;[url="tel:57900449")
57900449[/url]]Hey Guys!

I'm also starting in September and I cannot wait.

Has anyone been sent a provisional reading list?

I haven't. I was expecting to recieve more information from the uni already but haven't heard anything. Have you been sent anything?
Hooby
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi I'm also starting in September living in Selly Oak, excited but nervous!!!
MannersTalk
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No i've not been sent anything but I expect that we will be getting something within the next two weeks.
Poonamk
Rep:
?
(Original post by MannersTalk;[url="tel:58142435")
58142435[/url]]No i've not been sent anything but I expect that we will be getting something within the next two weeks.
I hope so. It's a bit nerve wracking waiting for them to send stuff.
Poonamk
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hooby;[url="tel:58109203")
58109203[/url]]Hi I'm also starting in September living in Selly Oak, excited but nervous!!!
Yes! I know that feeling!
Hooby
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes! I know that feeling!
It's going to be so good! I'm half tempted to make a Social Work MA 2015/16 facebook group but I'm not sure, what do you think? x
redroselancs
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Good luck at Birmingham Uni. Speaking from experience you're going to need it ...
Hooby
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by redroselancs)
Good luck at Birmingham Uni. Speaking from experience you're going to need it ...
Thanks I myself am a returning student any tips?
Poonamk
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hooby;[url="tel:58163719")
58163719[/url]]It's going to be so good! I'm half tempted to make a Social Work MA 2015/16 facebook group but I'm not sure, what do you think? x
I'd say go for it! I think it would be great to make friends before we start...atleast we will all recognise each other!
Poonamk
Rep:
?
(Original post by redroselancs)
Did you do MA Social Work? What was your experience?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.18%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.41%
Not great so far... (251)
35.65%
I want to drop out! (132)
18.75%

Watched Threads