The Student Room Group

MA Social Work University Of Birmingham

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Poonamk
I'd say go for it! I think it would be great to make friends before we start...atleast we will all recognise each other!

:smile: I will when my UCAS has updated, I know that I've met all of the conditions but it's slow to update lol :smile: it'll be good, we might even get some more who haven't got TSR x
Reply 21
[QUOTE=Hooby;58172445]:smile: I will when my UCAS has updated, I know that I've met all of the conditions but it's slow to update lol :smile: it'll be good, we might even get some more who haven't got TSR x

That's true! I haven't even logged on to my ucas again! I probably should as i know I have met all the conditions - I just want a firm answer that my place is there.
Reply 22
Original post by Poonamk
That's true! I haven't even logged on to my ucas again! I probably should as i know I have met all the conditions - I just want a firm answer that my place is there.

Mine updated today :smile: I'll create the group tomorrow :smile: x
Reply 23
Original post by Hooby
Mine updated today :smile: I'll create the group tomorrow :smile: x

Great stuff! :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Poonamk
Great stuff! :smile:

Facebook isn't letting me do it for some reason :frown: - maybe because I've created quite a few groups already :/ but I'm happy if someone else wants to make it and post the link
Reply 25
Not sure how to make a group on there :frown: lol!

Has anyone recieved anything from the university yet?
Reply 26
I received my new Uni ID card today :biggrin: anyone had anything else???
Hi! Has anyone made a Facebook group? I think it's a great idea.
Also is anyone still waiting to hear back about their bursary? X
Original post by Poonamk
I hope so. It's a bit nerve wracking waiting for them to send stuff.

Has everyone been sent a reading list yet? I haven't been sent anything :frown:
Reply 29
Original post by Hannahmb10
Has everyone been sent a reading list yet? I haven't been sent anything :frown:

I've not been able to make a group as im already the admin of quite a few, i've not heard anything about the bursary yet.
I can make a group if people like...? But I don't think you can do it without being friends with people already - not too sure really how it works never made one before!
I haven't heard anything from bursary either, got my student card today too though, yay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
I can make a group if people like...? But I don't think you can do it without being friends with people already - not too sure really how it works never made one before!
I haven't heard anything from bursary either, got my student card today too though, yay!

Posted from TSR Mobile

😱...i haven't recieved anything yet! Did you do the online registration...i'm a bit unsure how to fill in the financial bit as I can't remember the amount for the bursary!😐I've had the same trouble trying to make a group on facebook...it's not as easy as I thought!
Original post by Poonamk
😱...i haven't recieved anything yet! Did you do the online registration...i'm a bit unsure how to fill in the financial bit as I can't remember the amount for the bursary!😐I've had the same trouble trying to make a group on facebook...it's not as easy as I thought!

I did the online registration but haven't done the finance bit as I'm still waiting to hear back about the bursary! Your card may have been sent to your term time address rather than home address? Or vice versa. Does anyone happen to know when we receive our timetable ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did the online registration but haven't done the finance bit as I'm still waiting to hear back about the bursary! Your card may have been sent to your term time address rather than home address? Or vice versa. Does anyone happen to know when we receive our timetable ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I gave the university a call yesterday and they told me that information regarding welcome week will be sent out by Friday. Welcome week is the week commencing the 21st September. Hope this helps! :smile:
Original post by Poonamk

Hey, I think everyone who receives a bursary gets the same amount. If it helps, I put 4,052 on the registration bit. You then need to fill the difference which is like 700 and something.

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 35
HI, I will also study in the MA Social work at the University of Birmingham from this month! I am from Japan and a little bit nervous about starting the course as well as settling in the UK. Please let me join the group on Facebook if you have. I am looking forward to meeting wonderful classmates in a few weeks. Best regards,:smile:
Reply 36
[QUOTE=yuuri;59079359]HI, I will also study in the MA Social work at the University of Birmingham from this month! I am from Japan and a little bit nervous about starting the course as well as settling in the UK. Please let me join the group on Facebook if you have. I am looking forward to meeting wonderful classmates in a few weeks. Best regards,:smile:

Hi

There is a page on facebook called university of birmingham - postgraduate & mature student assoc. (pgmsa). There is a post on there that some of us have commented on to say we are starting MA social work. You could drop on comment on there if you like and we can add you... :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by MannersTalk
Hey, I think everyone who receives a bursary gets the same amount. If it helps, I put 4,052 on the registration bit. You then need to fill the difference which is like 700 and something.

Hope that helps :smile:

That's a big help thanks :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by Hooby
Hi :smile: I'm also starting in September :smile: living in Selly Oak, excited but nervous!!!

HI I have my interview and written test with Birmingham university. I am a mature student with lower grade thus my chances of getting in are quiet slim. pls help me what can I expect in terms of interview and written test. any help would be much appreciated. thank you
Reply 39
Original post by Poonamk
Hi. Anyone starting the MA in Social Work September 2015?

HI I have my interview and written test with Birmingham university. I am a mature student with lower grade thus my chances of getting in are quiet slim. pls help me what can I expect in terms of interview and written test. any help would be much appreciated. thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending