FirelightPhoenix
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've been getting really stressed recently because I just feel like my exams haven't been going well at all. It's just really getting to me cause I feel like I've been working hard to revise but then messing up on the actual exams and I'm just really worried about getting the grades I need for university. I'm so frustrated at myself because I feel like I'm letting myself down, and I've been predicted high grades. I just keep feeling really negative about everything. Any advice?
Mr. Mackey
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I assume you've got some more to come and if so, simply focus on them and do the best you can!
We've all had exams that haven't gone well, I think you've just got to realise that it's the past and nothing's going to change that. All that matters is the future and if you prepare as much as possible for the upcoming ones then there's no reason why that couldn't pull up your grade from the previous exams.
Just remember you don't KNOW that you haven't done too well, just feel that way so it may turn out much better than you think. Try to keep positive because the end of exams are in sight and I'm sure you wouldn't want to compromise revision over these last few weeks / days over your past performance. The fact that summer holidays are just around the corner is what keeps me motivated!
Best of luck
FirelightPhoenix
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by TomRais27)
I assume you've got some more to come and if so, simply focus on them and do the best you can!
We've all had exams that haven't gone well, I think you've just got to realise that it's the past and nothing's going to change that. All that matters is the future and if you prepare as much as possible for the upcoming ones then there's no reason why that couldn't pull up your grade from the previous exams.
Just remember you don't KNOW that you haven't done too well, just feel that way so it may turn out much better than you think. Try to keep positive because the end of exams are in sight and I'm sure you wouldn't want to compromise revision over these last few weeks / days over your past performance. The fact that summer holidays are just around the corner is what keeps me motivated!
Best of luck
Thank you so much for this. I'm trying to just forget about the one's I've done and focus on preparing for the others! It's just stressful because I've been predicted high grades (and my uni offer is A*AA) and I'm just worried I'm not going to fulfil that
Naomi 2709
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't worry, we have all had those exams where you have left out a question, run out of tine or think its went awful (myself this morning!) and the best thing to do is to just keep to the time in the exam and just revise really well for the exams you have left. On results day you may be surprised as it is not just the people from your school but across the whole country taking the same exam and results reflect this. My advice, just keep on going and look forward to a break at summer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?