what grade would I get for this,? I still need to do a conclusion.

Watch
lucy.J.F
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Deleted
Matt14451
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A C, you've explained some of your points well but not others. Theres not enough of it for a A/B.
lucy.J.F
Rep:
?
(Original post by Matt14451)
A C, you've explained some of your points well but not others. Theres not enough of it for a A/B.
ok, thanks.
Hardcore_student
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's looking good, but you would have to write more for a higher grade if this is for an essay or controlled assessment. Perhaps develop ideas further, with embedded quotes. I have just done a controlled assessment on how Steinbeck presents life on the ranch.
lucy.J.F
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hardcore_student)
It's looking good, but you would have to write more for a higher grade if this is for an essay or controlled assessment. Perhaps develop ideas further, with embedded quotes. I have just done a controlled assessment on how Steinbeck presents life on the ranch.
Thanks for the advice.and yes I do need to write more as the minimum is 600 words and I have 602.
username1310825
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lucy.J.F)
Thanks for the advice.and yes I do need to write more as the minimum is 600 words and I have 602.
hey i have an english question for u... u sound smart so i thought i would ask u

how do you think we adapt and use spoken language for: formality, emotion and other lang. features?

PS. had this as homework about 2 years ago when iwas doin gcses, and was going to throw away my english book when i came across it and realised it did quite badly.
jackhaugh
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The quality is there. I got a high B at GCSE for both English subjects and mine wasn't as good as that.
lucy.J.F
Rep:
?
(Original post by jackhaugh)
The quality is there. I got a high B at GCSE for both English subjects and mine wasn't as good as that.
Thanks, although I need to make some improvements I am hopeing to get a B .
username1310825
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thanks, although I need to make some improvements I am hopeing to get a B .
b.
RachJess4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd say it was a strong B, as you've explained some of your points quite well. I'd definitely advise making more points or explaining some of your points further to get a higher mark!
Clytaemnestra
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
ok, thanks.
I did this also a few years ago for GCSE, loved Of Mice and Men I got an A in English Lang and an A in English Lit. For example, saying "This is shown by the quote..." is very basic, rather I would be looking for "This is shown by the declarative sentence...", although you probably don't get taught that sort of vocab until you get to A level. However, using terminology such as that will help show off what you can do
lucy.J.F
Rep:
?
(Original post by Clytaemnestra)
I did this also a few years ago for GCSE, loved Of Mice and Men I got an A in English Lang and an A in English Lit
Although I dont really like english lit I have quite enjoyed Of Mice and Men.
lucy.J.F
Rep:
?
(Original post by Clytaemnestra)
I did this also a few years ago for GCSE, loved Of Mice and Men I got an A in English Lang and an A in English Lit. For example, saying "This is shown by the quote..." is very basic, rather I would be looking for "This is shown by the declarative sentence...", although you probably don't get taught that sort of vocab until you get to A level. However, using terminology such as that will help show off what you can do
Thanks, yes I will include that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (54)
17.25%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (89)
28.43%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (117)
37.38%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (42)
13.42%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.51%

Watched Threads