The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE History A Unit 3B War and the transformation of British Society 1931-51

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GCSEstudentxo
Q3 is using one source only and explaining why an event happened.
You make two developed points, use quotes from the source and then your own knowledge.

aite safe man, was confused bout that, not a good sign with the exam tomoz!
Reply 61
it is probably going to be the BLITZ, cos it is a major topic that hasn't come up. Other possibilities are women or NHS.
Reply 62
Original post by georgialennon
Quietly confident for the BoB, so fingers crossed! In the unemployment sector, I'd be looking more towards the feature of unemployment as oppose to the Means Test individually - for example, looking at the government strategies such as the Industrial Trading Estates such as the Team Valley, policies of rearmament and boosts in trading facilities, Special Areas and Import Duties Acts, with the potential for a 16-marker to be around:

'The policies of the National Government helped reduce unemployment'

Just an idea anyway!

Never heard of any of this other than Special Areas!!
is it possible to do well in this paper even if you dont know loads of specific facts/all the key dates?!

My exam technique is really good and I got A* in my coursework so do you think I could pull of a high A/low A* ? how specific does "own knowledge" have to be?
Reply 64
I accidentally wrote 25 million were unemployed instead of 2.5 will this cause me to lose marks
Why are people commenting on this thread when its a year old. I remember doing this exam last year and I was right about battle of britain coming up.
What was it about? Did it turn out to be the NHS?
nevermind lul
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending