The Student Room Group

Help with CDL Loan with Barclays and Co-op

Hi Guys,

I'm new to TSR and mainly i made an account to get some help regarding the Career and Development loan.

I'm 19 years old.

I currently bank with Barclays even though my main and current bank account is with Lloyds Bank.

I applied for the CDL for £10K to pay for my Easa Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance Course which is £7750 a year, it was £5000 just last year so i'm fuming at my college for suddenly bumping it up by nearly 3K.

The course is for 2 years, i am going to afford the second year as my mother will help me with half of my 2nd year fees.

I applied for the loan on the 8th of June and i got a decision back from them just today (Within 5 days) saying they have rejected me and the main reason for it is my credit scoring being below the rating they accept.

I have had an account with Experian since turning 18 and in terms of my finances, i have never missed a payment or gone over the limit.

I have a HP car finance contract on their which has a remaining balance of £1900 (at 22.2% APR)

a student overdraft of £1500 which has no balance to it as i've paid it off.

Barclays credit card with a balance of £1150 (at 29.9% APR)

another barclays credit card with a balance of £470 (at 27.7% APR)

aqua credit card with a balance of £640. (at 35% APR)

So altogether i'm £4160 in debt (excluding the £1500Student OD).

I am able to pay off my credit cards completely as i have £2K in saved up if it helps my appeal.

There is also 3 wonga accounts on my credit file, not because i took them out but because i was a victim of identity fraud and those were taken out before i turned 18, because someone input my date of birth as 1994 which is incorrect as its 1995.

I am going to appeal and want some advise on it;

should i pay off my credit cards or my HP finance first?

should i appeal now or after i've paid off one of two above.

i have also asked for an application pack from COOP Bank + i use to work for them aswell and i had a loan of £1000 from their credit union which i paid back with no missed payments.

i really need some help regarding this, my course starts in september.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending