Desperate study help

Watch
lottiemursxx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Okay so Im an a2 student and I have worked so hard this year. Most of my geog and chem revision was done in Easter and Ive revised all day today and yesterday, but I still feel like I know nothing. I did badly at as level so had to redo 6 exams and I feel like this has impacted on my actual a2's. I have geog 3 and Chem 5 on Monday and despite copious amounts of revision notes, I genuinely don't know much for either and I would love some cramming tips! I have done lots of revision and past papers all year, but when it counts I don't think I can recall this and smash the exam. It's probably not helping that I'm panicking but I can't see how I can save my grade 😩

malteserlover
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Cramming is not going to help you. You'll end up panicked, tired and stressed which is not going to help in the exam. You most definitely know more than you think you do. If you've revised and worked consistently over the year I'm sure you'll be fine. Believe in yourself as cheesy at it sounds. Read over the topics you find most difficult but don't cram, relax. Have a bath and read a book or watch a movie to chill out. Honestly in my opinion that's far more beneficial than any last minute cramming. GOOD LUCK!
anonwinner
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by malteserlover)
Cramming is not going to help you. You'll end up panicked, tired and stressed which is not going to help in the exam. You most definitely know more than you think you do. If you've revised and worked consistently over the year I'm sure you'll be fine. Believe in yourself as cheesy at it sounds. Read over the topics you find most difficult but don't cram, relax. Have a bath and read a book or watch a movie to chill out. Honestly in my opinion that's far more beneficial than any last minute cramming. GOOD LUCK!
This is seriously the worst exam advice I've seen. Cramming absolutely does work.
m0lly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lottiemursxx)
Okay so Im an a2 student and I have worked so hard this year. Most of my geog and chem revision was done in Easter and Ive revised all day today and yesterday, but I still feel like I know nothing. I did badly at as level so had to redo 6 exams and I feel like this has impacted on my actual a2's. I have geog 3 and Chem 5 on Monday and despite copious amounts of revision notes, I genuinely don't know much for either and I would love some cramming tips! I have done lots of revision and past papers all year, but when it counts I don't think I can recall this and smash the exam. It's probably not helping that I'm panicking but I can't see how I can save my grade 😩
My best advice would be to try and revise in many different ways such as mind maps, revision cards (Quizlet is a really good online revision card maker), story boards, shortening down notes erc. And find out the best way to keep the information in your head, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
frances98
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by anonwinner)
This is seriously the worst exam advice I've seen. Cramming absolutely does work.
(Original post by malteserlover)
Yep last minute cramming got me through both AS history exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
anonwinner
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by frances98)
Yep last minute cramming got me through both AS history exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol me too
malteserlover
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by anonwinner)
I was just giving my opinion. Everyone is wired differently, what works for me definitely might not work for you.
I've seen a few friends work themselves into a frenzy of last minute cramming and then completely mess up their exams. lottiemursxx seemed to be stressed and I didn't want her to make the same mistake.
username568974
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lottiemursxx)
stop stressing first of all! take breaks in between n start revising positively don't panic
cantstudyhungry
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
there is a difference between last minute cramming and last 14 hour cramming
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (56)
13.93%
Virtual campus tours/open days (93)
23.13%
Live streaming events (38)
9.45%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (39)
9.7%
A uni comparison tool (90)
22.39%
An in-person event when available (86)
21.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise