The Student Room Group

I need help with my English monologue.Its on a Syrian girl named amma with burnt face

Amma. I’m Amma, the girl with a disfigured face, a face scarred beyond recognition. I don’t even remember the last time I looked into the mirror because of what happened to me. I know I may not look as I was before and I accept that but every day of my life I ask myself why me? Why do I have to be the victim? I hear people say that everything happens for a reason but I still feel like I haven’t done anything to deserve such pain and sorrow. People ask each day of what happened to me and I answer them by saying “Nothing” because all I want is justice and hope. I can only hope for peace and a good future. I don’t look back at my past because I know what is done can never be reversed but I will always find a way to turn all the negativity to positivity. The same thing that happened to me happened to my sister. Rahlf. (Pause) Rahlf is my young sister who also has a deformed face. I love my sister so much, she is everything to me. I hate seeing her going through much torment as I. Every time I look in her eyes I see an innocent girl who is going through so much agony. The look in her eyes makes me want to rush and embrace her and tell her that everything is all right. Looking deep into her eyes, my heart softened and melted, wanting not to do anything but to help her. Every hour, every minute, every second I cherish with my family because I will never know what my future has to hold. Before this incident happened I was like any other Syrian girl. I played with my friends, cooked with my mom, I loved singing. Now I feel like I can’t do anything. I feel like my confidence has evaporated. I may be one of those people who was a victim of misfortune but I’m very grateful that I’m alive. I thank Allah for all the blessings in my life, I am thankful for my home and I am thankful for my health, that I am able to see the beautiful sky and hear the voices of my loved ones. Now I feel like I can’t do anything, I feel like having lack of ambiguity. My father tells me not to worry that it’s only a matter of time that change will come. He always believed in faith but how can you have faith when there is no courage? Each day, he puts a mask on my face which I hate so much.Questions after questions go through my head as the mask is being put on my face. (Pause) What is the meaning of life? Why do I have to live like this? How much longer will this injustice continue?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending