How do I forget about results day?

Watch
stableintegral
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm quite nervous about my results. What can I do to forget about the day for a good while so I can enjoy my holidays? Thanks.
100umsgod
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Smash your exams and then you have no reason to worry. In fact, you look forward to it.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by stableintegral)
I'm quite nervous about my results. What can I do to forget about the day for a good while so I can enjoy my holidays? Thanks.
find a hobby that takes up lots of time,maybe do some voluntering
Dark Elixir
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Alcohol.
stableintegral
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dark Elixir)
Alcohol.
Not allowed.
stableintegral
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
I'll have to think of some hobbies (don't really have any)... Hmm...
Ripper Phoenix
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
MDMA
stableintegral
Rep:
?
xD

I don't think I absolutely flunked them, but I'm just nervous in general about opening them and the anticipation of the day...

(Original post by 100umsgod)
Smash your exams and then you have no reason to worry. In fact, you look forward to it.
stableintegral
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ripper Phoenix)
MDMA
No drugs, thanks. :P
100umsgod
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Philanthropy is the choice for those who know that they are not talented enough to benefit sufficiently from efforts put into their own success.
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'll have to think of some hobbies (don't really have any)... Hmm...
try something new
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Philanthropy is the choice for those who know that they are not talented enough to benefit sufficiently from efforts put into their own success.
or just possibly its a choice of people who want to give back to society?
I m doing pretty well from my own efforts currently in university and in life in general but then i just want to do something that benefits other people and my career plans are in a profession that does that also.
stableintegral
Rep:
?
But for healthcare degrees at university, things like volunteering are great on your personal statement.
100umsgod
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
or just possibly its a choice of people who want to give back to society?
I m doing pretty well from my own efforts currently in university and in life in general but then i just want to do something that benefits other people and my career plans are in a profession that does that also.
Paying tax already does that, paying for the food on the plate of scroungers across the nation.
stableintegral
Rep:
?
try something new
Any ideas?
Presque là
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you do A levels, 1 month 3 weeks, im withchu
stableintegral
Rep:
?
Paying tax already does that, paying for the food on the plate of scroungers across the nation.
Volunteering could also be helping at a local primary school with kids' reading... It doesn't have to be the conventional form of volunteering.
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
But for healthcare degrees at university, things like volunteering are great on your personal statement.
you mean essential i think the poster just hates the poor so wont get much sense out of them anyway.
starlight4711
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
One day it will just be history (your results day). I remember feeling like this before my results day (two years ago). Remember life will go on, what is bound to happen will happen. Your exams are done, the result that you will get cannot be changed.
Enjoy your present, enjoy every day of your free time!
Also, if you get good grades then great! If not then it is great as well! Why? Because: I believe whatever happens turns out the best for you in the end. One day you might feel that i.e. the uni or the friends you made were the best thing that ever happened to you.

So, relax! Watch movies, go out, do nothing, read a book....just breathe and live the moment. Grades do not determine your happiness in life, remember that. Okay? Hope you enjoy your holiday (by going somewhere nice? ) !
stableintegral
Rep:
?
you mean essential i think the poster just hates the poor so wont get much sense out of them anyway.

Haha, yeah. It's very competitive indeed.

(Original post by Presque là)
If you do A levels, 1 month 3 weeks, im withchu
GCSEs for me. xD
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (104)
40.63%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
11.33%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.03%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (58)
22.66%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
11.72%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.64%

Watched Threads