The Student Room Group

Can I get into UCL Pharmacy?

I'm applying to uni's in September and I quite like the look of UCL.

In my GCSEs I got 1A* 5As and 4Bs. I know they aren't perfect, but I went to a failing secondary school so surely the uni should take this into account?

I do A-level Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History. I don't know my predicted grades yet but I am personally expecting to see ABBC on results day (I'm dropping History). Will most likely resit a few exams so I'm hoping to achieve AAB by the end of A-levels.

I have work experience in a pharmacy and hoping to do some more this summer. I'm also starting voluntary work in a hospice in around a month or so. What are my chances of getting an offer from UCL? I know it's one of the top universities in the UK but I am worried if I do apply that I'll just get rejected straight away. Can anyone shed some light onto this? Thanks :smile:
Original post by greenmath
I'm applying to uni's in September and I quite like the look of UCL.

In my GCSEs I got 1A* 5As and 4Bs. I know they aren't perfect, but I went to a failing secondary school so surely the uni should take this into account?

I do A-level Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History. I don't know my predicted grades yet but I am personally expecting to see ABBC on results day (I'm dropping History). Will most likely resit a few exams so I'm hoping to achieve AAB by the end of A-levels.

I have work experience in a pharmacy and hoping to do some more this summer. I'm also starting voluntary work in a hospice in around a month or so. What are my chances of getting an offer from UCL? I know it's one of the top universities in the UK but I am worried if I do apply that I'll just get rejected straight away. Can anyone shed some light onto this? Thanks :smile:

AAB could get you in but AAA would easily get you in.AAB maybe rejected
Hey, this is late but I wanted to respond. I think your work experiences are excellent and I'm sure UCL will like that. UCL does look at it the academic side of things more. Why do you think you'll end up getting AAB ? You can't be that certain. I think you should aim for at least AAA. Its not that hard to change a B to an A. My offer for UCL pharmacy is AAB so I'm sure most offers will be around that so don't be disheartened. if you like UCL aim for it but if it doesn't go well then there's still 4 other Unis that yo can get offers from. Good luck !
Original post by jontyfernz
AAB could get you in but AAA would easily get you in.AAB maybe rejected
Reply was for greenmath

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending