Just turned 24. Still don't know how to ask a girl out... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I really just don't know how to put myself out there and find a girl to connect with. I have many friends, from work, university, school and a lot of these are girls who I speak to easily.

However, when it comes to relationships, I clam up. I can't talk about them to anyone and probably it's because I'm embarrased that I've never been in a relationship or have any potential partners.

How can I become more open in both asking for help, and connecting with girls?
Tectonicactvity
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
http://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/

Trust me, devour that subreddit and you will have learnt things you never thought existed.
futbol
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I really just don't know how to put myself out there and find a girl to connect with. I have many friends, from work, university, school and a lot of these are girls who I speak to easily.

However, when it comes to relationships, I clam up. I can't talk about them to anyone and probably it's because I'm embarrased that I've never been in a relationship or have any potential partners.

Well me and the lads go out on the pull to pick up chicks.

Nandos ---> weatherspoons ---> any club

This has led me to sleep with dozens of girls. They usually beg me to stay but obviously I chuck them out. You could let them stick around though?

Just watch the works of Dapper Laughs if you want pulling tips.

Oi ooiii, she knows. :yeah: :beerglass:
JoshDawg
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by futbol)

This has led me to sleep with dozens of girls. They usually beg me to stay but obviously I chuck them out. You could let them stick around though?

Do you not reel them in like fish when on a lads holiday at magas?
Rupert knight
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i have met many girls from work, i am 29 next month i have a girlfriend, the thing i think to do is when i am with a girl is start a friendly chat and get talking, i listen to what the girl is saying and try to engage with them in conservation.the trick with girls is i find is not on the spot straight away getting too fall on, if you start with a friendly calm chat i find it much easier and then the asking out part is easier. start to talk with her about youself ask her about herself talk about each others interests that is a postive step in right direction. how did that help
Little Popcorns
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Tectonicactvity)

Trust me, devour that subreddit and you will have learnt things you never thought existed.
Defo do not engage with this crap OP. It's squeeling nonsense from little boys. The only thing it'll do is mess with your head.

The thing to do is not lose sight of the fact that girls/women are literally not a different species. As far as relationships are concerned there's no formula, it's usually a case of intuition. If you have friends how do you keep them? It's similar with a relationship except there's a closer bond and intimacy.
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

After seeing what that thing did to poor Riku stay away from it :no:

Well I;m in the same situation as OP except 22, will let you know once I have it figured out.
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

No OP, don't do this ^ whatever you do, don't do this!
Shellshocker93
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd love to be a help on this subject, but I suffer from the same exact problem. Although being a social creature with many friends, it seems like there is a part of my life that is glitched, missing some code per say if this was the "Matrix", females seem to not seem me as a potential for "boyfriend".

I do wonder if I just missed a part of the "life sequence" we are in and upon completing this, I unlock Relationship mode?

I mean, I look around and guys are literally breaking up and moving to a new relationship like changing socks, and yet I can't even find a girl to show interest.
futbol
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JoshDawg)
Do you not reel them in like fish when on a lads holiday at magas?
Yes i generally did in Malia last year (11 in one week) but hoping to beat that in #maga2k15
matt4
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mate, It took me till 25-26. I'm still learning. Don't beat yourself up too much.

I'm able to get dates now. Just got to have the confidence. Never had a gf either.
AnnaChrst97
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Just don't think of it as something different. Don't try too hard, your goal shouldn't be to find a girlfriend, your goal should be to be yourself and meet new people. Maybe you're stressed about it because you're upset and you keep telling yourself you should be in a relationship. Don't worry about it too much most of the times things come up when you least expect them, especially when it comes to relationships. How to connect with girls? It depends on the girl but basically? Just don't be an ******* and be nice to them, tell them a nice comment every now and then and make them laugh, that's about it! As for the whole ''asking for help and being opened about it'' thing, you shouldn't be embarrassed, I know for sure most girls will find your situation cute and who knows maybe that's how you can connect to them!
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by futbol)

You're trying too hard.
Aladino
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
what is it and why is it bad
wwelol
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
dont come across as desperate
llys
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't speak from experience (I'm a happy female loner) but I would suggest you sign up to some dating sites and just go on any date you can get. It doesn't matter who with. Practise dating. It's low risk, because if it goes wrong (your dates probably will be full of embarrassments in the beginning), you won't ever have to see or talk to the woman in question again. But (hopefully) with time you will gain lots of practice and confidence, and at some point it will become easy. You sound nice, good luck.
futbol
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
You're trying too hard.
To what?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
I had a quick skim...it appears to be about self improvement and stepping out of your comfort zone. What's the reasons everyone says don't do it?

Thanks
Anonymous #1
(Original post by AnnaChrst97)
Just don't think of it as something different. Don't try too hard, your goal shouldn't be to find a girlfriend, your goal should be to be yourself and meet new people. Maybe you're stressed about it because you're upset and you keep telling yourself you should be in a relationship. Don't worry about it too much most of the times things come up when you least expect them, especially when it comes to relationships. How to connect with girls? It depends on the girl but basically? Just don't be an ******* and be nice to them, tell them a nice comment every now and then and make them laugh, that's about it! As for the whole ''asking for help and being opened about it'' thing, you shouldn't be embarrassed, I know for sure most girls will find your situation cute and who knows maybe that's how you can connect to them!

Thanks for your reply. What can I start doing over the next few days to put your points in reality?

I currently have a few female friends (platonic/in relationships) I am speaking to about normal life stuff, but the conversations never really drift towards relationships as I get a bit too embarrased and change the subject if there's a chance it comes up.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by llys)
I don't speak from experience (I'm a happy female loner) but I would suggest you sign up to some dating sites and just go on any date you can get. It doesn't matter who with. Practise dating. It's low risk, because if it goes wrong (your dates probably will be full of embarrassments in the beginning), you won't ever have to see or talk to the woman in question again. But (hopefully) with time you will gain lots of practice and confidence, and at some point it will become easy. You sound nice, good luck.
Thanks. What dating sites do you suggest?

I'm just embarrassed my friends/family will see me on there (I know I shouldn't be).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (361)
66.98%
No (178)
33.02%

Watched Threads