The Student Room Group

Just turned 24. Still don't know how to ask a girl out...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks. What dating sites do you suggest?

I'm just embarrassed my friends/family will see me on there (I know I shouldn't be).

I don't have personal experience, so I don't really know which ones are good. I expect some are more social and some are more sexual, but I don't really know! I'm sure some of the posters here can help you out with that though.

I don't think it's embarrassing in this day and age (though older people might find it a bit embarrassing because it's not something they grew up with). Just shrug it off.
(edited 8 years ago)
> have charm
> have confidence
> be funny
> be fun
> be yourself
> be you
>be happy
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for your reply. What can I start doing over the next few days to put your points in reality?

I currently have a few female friends (platonic/in relationships) I am speaking to about normal life stuff, but the conversations never really drift towards relationships as I get a bit too embarrased and change the subject if there's a chance it comes up.

Well first thing you should do is, don't change the subject! Be open about this matter you know tell them ''yeah I am single but actually I am looking for a relationship'' or ''I really want to try dating for a while see where that gets me''. You don't have to tell them that you're inexperienced, you should open up about it when you go on dates, trust me most girls won't mind that you are not an ''expert'' in relationships, it can even make them feel more relaxed. Girls always feel pressured when they go on first dates because they keep thinking ''he dates all the time I am sure he dated better girls than me''. So yeah the fact that you are not like that it's gonna make them say ''this actually might work''. Start dating, that's the first thing you should do. Go on dates, go out with a group of friends where there will also be girls for you to meet. Remember, baby steps, don't rush things and stay calm. Make sure to tell your female friends you are up for dating, they might know girls who want the same thing.

Quick Reply

Latest