OCRScience
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Any notes or possible questions or topics you can think of? or annotated articles you got? Please share. Any examplar Mock papers of it? This thread is dedicated to all of that.

Article here: http://wilberforce.teacher.edutronic...-June-2015.pdf

Ill start off with possible topics (some copied from other threads):
Evolution
neurotransmitter , dopamine, maybe something on schizophrenia
Animal models/rights/welfare
immune responses
genetic modification
parts of the brain that control movement
effects of blocking neurotransmitter/receptors and how they're blocked
entomology
maybe leaf structure
mitochondira/sarcoplasmic reticulum structure and function

Ive also attached some handy material generated from this year's article I got from another school

PLEASE CONTINUE OFF .. ATTACH ANYTHING YOU CAN FIND

POST ANYTHING YOU CAN FIND

ETC ETC
alexann95
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Because unit 4 contained, well, no unit 4, I think evolution and immune responses are very likely to come up as they weren't tested in the previous exam.
AffirmedCube
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by alexann95)
Because unit 4 contained, well, no unit 4, I think evolution and immune responses are very likely to come up as they weren't tested in the previous exam.
Actually, natural selection came up in the unit 4 paper, so I doubt that's coming up again lol. But yeah, there is a definite possibility that the immune system could come up, considering toxoplasmosis is a well-known opportunistic infection. Perhaps it may ask why a person with HIV may be more susceptible to toxoplasmosis... Who knows.
alexann95
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by AffirmedCube)
Actually, natural selection came up in the unit 4 paper, so I doubt that's coming up again lol. But yeah, there is a definite possibility that the immune system could come up, considering toxoplasmosis is a well-known opportunistic infection. Perhaps it may ask why a person with HIV may be more susceptible to toxoplasmosis... Who knows.
It did, but only very briefly. Yeah they could very well ask that!
AffirmedCube
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by alexann95)
It did, but only very briefly. Yeah they could very well ask that!
They specifically asked how natural selection could lead to antibiotic resistance. I doubt they would then go ahead to ask another very similar natural selection question, again related to pathogens. That would be lousy on Edexcel's part, tbh. Knowing them, they will probably give us unfamiliar/potentially difficult questions on topics they know that every student will know.
alexann95
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
They specifically asked how natural selection could lead to antibiotic resistance. I doubt they would then go ahead to ask another very similar natural selection question, again related to pathogens. That would be lousy on Edexcel's part, tbh. Knowing them, they will probably give us unfamiliar/potentially difficult questions on topics they know that every student will know.
But edexcel are lousy. You're probably right though! It's difficult to try and remember unit 4 in as much detail as I had in my mind before the exam, on top of now concentrating on unit 5!
Tazmain
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I have no memory of that question :eek3:
OCRScience
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I believe so too. Worth revising unit 4 briefly before Wednesday's exam
ellamoonpie
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Could anyone list the spec points from unit 4 that the article might bring up? I didn't sit unit 4 this year so my knowledge is not great, please help!
mohit01
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ellamoonpie)
Could anyone list the spec points from unit 4 that the article might bring up? I didn't sit unit 4 this year so my knowledge is not great, please help!
There was literally nothing on the specific immune response (i.e. T cells etc.) so I'm expecting that to come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
ellamoonpie
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mohit01)
There was literally nothing on the specific immune response (i.e. T cells etc.) so I'm expecting that to come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmm, very suspicious it will probably come up. Thanks
Baraazip
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
What about summer 2017 scientific article 6bi05?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (58)
12.53%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.73%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.35%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (43)
9.29%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (217)
46.87%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.24%

Watched Threads