Got a Parking ticket right on expiry time? should i dispute?

Watch
historyandlanz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I parked at a council car park near a park where they offer 2 hours free car park.
I was exactly 10 minute late but I read about the ten minute leeway rule for council cap parks.

On the ticket it says it was observed from 15:21 to 15:21 when my ticket ran out at 15:11. I was wondering if i can dispute this as already keeping a car is expensive as it is and £25 could really help?

Thanks
FXX
Badges: 18
Report 5 years ago
Sounds like a fair cop really, just pay it.
TheDefiniteArticle
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What's your source for this 'ten minute leeway rule'?
historyandlanz
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31759767
joey11223
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
Came in a few months back...

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31759767

Though you say the ticket says 15:21 and your ticket ran out at 15:11, does this mean you were literally at the car when the attendant was printing out a ticket? Otherwise surely you'd have been over 10 mins late returning to the car?

Suppose you could try though, no harm.
kernow24
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
you had to minutes extra, how difficult is it to get back to your car in time, the fact you were exactly 10 minutes late, speaks volumes, you attempted to take advantage of the good will of 10 minutes leeway, and you were caught out.

Maybe the fine will teach you not to take the mick in future, if you wanted extra time, you should have paid for it.
Dez
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ticket runs out at 15:11, grace period runs out at 15:21, parking ticket issued at 15:21. Sounds fair to me. No harm in asking them for an appeal, but they're perfectly within their rights to fine you.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by joey11223)
Came in a few months back...

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31759767

Though you say the ticket says 15:21 and your ticket ran out at 15:11, does this mean you were literally at the car when the attendant was printing out a ticket? Otherwise surely you'd have been over 10 mins late returning to the car?

Suppose you could try though, no harm.
I agree
historyandlanz
Rep:
?
thanks everyone, just wanted to clarify it was a free car park and i wasn't taking the mick (kernow)

ended up paying it as i cant be bothered to go through the process of appealing
yelllowribbon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would have appealed, my parents have a few times in the past and din't pay the fine in either situation
JC.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would appeal on the basis that it's sharp practice and actual loss of earnings is in pence which you will be happy to pay.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (547)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (664)
41.22%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (327)
20.3%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed