ExcitedPup
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by 24yearsSpurs)
why do people hate the Tories?
Why do some people hate Labour?

Anybody who "hates" their political opponents is a childish moron. The comments section of the Daily Telegraph can give you a good dose of the vitriol many stupid people pour forth when the subject of the Labour Party comes up
hello135
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Firstly: Anyone who calls for 'political education' is extremely foolish. You are saying this under the premise that the teachers will be completely neutral. However, it is very unlikely to happen, and I suspect that because most teachers are left wing, they'll start to push the whole 'right wing people are so mean and nasty' agenda on to young children who don't know any better and believe them.

On the issue of the Tories, I don't see how people can 'hate' them. Lots of people probably 'hate' them because it means they can't slob off benefits anymore.

Did you see the story about how the family of 9 were 'cruelly' evicted from their council home? These people (the parents had never worked properly in their lives) had 7 kids and 2 cars. If one thing needs to be taught, it's that people shouldn't breed if they can't support their offspring.
SteBrazier95
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Because it's funny to see you offended.
if there's ever been a post to sum up thicko tory voters this is it.
democracyforum
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Jealousy
moggis
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have often asked myself why I loathe Tories.
Because it's not at all good to hate.Its not attractive and it's not good for the soul and all that.

I don't really hate Tory MPS as such because why on Earth would a well educated,well-spoken,presentable person not want to be a Tory MP? If they didn't do it someone else would and all that.

No,it's the people who vote for them that I loathe.

And the main reason is that I have never ever ever come across a single Tory voter who was honest enough to admit that they vote Tory because they are selfish.

If they did I would respect them.Because most people are selfish.

Instead they all seem to claim that they're only doing it for the good of the country.

Of course they are.

But is that really enough to explain my loathing? Probably not.

I accept that my loathing is probably largely irrational.

But then I read the comments on The Times online comments section and I wonder how anyone doesn't loathe Tories......
warrior37
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes you forgot the bedroom tax which is killing many disabled folk, this winter millions will have to choose between heating and eating. We have record numbers of WORKING POOR including growing numbers on zero hours contracts and millions of homeless including 4 million kids in poverty while the rich pile up there ever growing fortunes in Tax Havens. The right wing notion if the employers do well we all do well is nonsense and we can all become millionaires is also nonsense and they know it. Under the Tories it can only get worse. If the working people want to keep the NHS then they will have to be prepared to vote for Corbyn or else we will go back to pre 1948 when you could only get the healthcare you could pay for.........Profit before the sick. Corbyn has said he will Re Nationalize the NHS and he will.
sevenup29
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by blubear)
The Tories are all well and good if you're already rich. Have one think happen to you; job cuts, work accident, become disabled, have to care for someone. Then the system wipes it's hands of you and leaves you stranded.
How dare you try to win political assurance by being so pathetically narrow-minded. You think anyone that is less well off than you wants to remain in a 'poor' and dejected state? You think that people of 'lower' classes don't strive at least as much as you?
You are wrong, unable to see past your prejudiced and stereotypical views, reduced to derogatory and classist statements. What did you think would happen when you posted this on an open forum? That people would greet you with open arms and accept your blinkered view of the world?
Grow up, and get some humanity.
Because it's funny to see you offended, and I don' think the tories are only the party of the rich. I reckon you're being ofensive by assuming they are, but ok.
The Tories are the worst party ' corrupt thru and thru
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (75)
21.61%
No (272)
78.39%

Watched Threads