Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, specifically to all the girls out there Where could I get a dress/es like these. I have my 'prom' thing next week so if anyone knows anywhere, particularly in the North-West (Liverpool, Cheshire), that I could get something like this, please let me know cos I don't seem to know many places I can get evening sort of dresses! Not sure which one I prefer, but prolly the 1st one? Thanks I appreciate it
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    The one on the right is horrid, dont get it.

ReputationRep:
    go for something a little more slutty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    go for something a little more slutty
    Like nothing. It's free. At first.

ReputationRep:
    Any suggestions/pics and where I can get something good then?

ReputationRep:
    Red is not a good colour.

ReputationRep:
    All you need is a bin liner, a pair of scissors and a stapler.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    Red is not a good colour.
    how come?

ReputationRep:
    How about this one?

http://www.debenhams.com/media/image..._det_3ca16.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sugaray)
    how come?
    Not as sexy as black.

ReputationRep:
    how come?
    Unless you have an extremely good figure, you'll look silly. Go for black, or something dark.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking about getting a prom dress, simply to make a statement, but the I thought of all the boys there who would, to paraphrase bart simpson 'they would kick the living snot out of me'

ReputationRep:
    Hey, specifically to all the girls out there Where could I get a dress/es like these. I have my 'prom' thing next week so if anyone knows anywhere, particularly in the North-West (Liverpool, Cheshire), that I could get something like this, please let me know cos I don't seem to know many places I can get evening sort of dresses! Not sure which one I prefer, but prolly the 1st one? Thanks I appreciate it

Its next week!!!!!! Im afraid you may have left the perfect dress too late. Id suggest going to Collette Dinnigan who is in London, cant remember where.

ReputationRep:
    I Like The Middle One

ReputationRep:
    Yep you've left it a bit late... get to Oxford street fast there are loads there...
    But you don't have to go for dark colours, not in the summer!
    Search for a thread on prom dresses that happened about a week ago- good luck!

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the price range. Red can either be really striking or just overwhelming. Black is a safer bet, but I wanted to stand out a bit so I went for a beautiful purple dress. My prom was great, hope u have a really fun one too!

ReputationRep:
    I wore a red dress, and not to sound arrogant, I did look amazing! You need the right colouring though, and the right red. I have dark brown hair and had a tan at the time, so that set off my scarlet red dress perfectly. It also depends how formal your prom is, is it tux and big showy dress, or more like suits and cocktail dresses?

ReputationRep:
    what looks good on someone else in the photos youve put up, wont necessarily look good on you. go look everywhere you can find and try on loads and loads of dresses.. i thought id get a plain long scoop neck dark coloured dress, and i ended up with a red high -necked dress with a slit all the way up one side! and dont discount anything just cos it looks bad on the hanger... youre getting naked in the changning room so you may as well try everything on while youre at it.. you never know, you might be surprised what suits you.. good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by presebjenada)
    what looks good on someone else in the photos naked in the changning room so you may as well try everything while youre at it.. you never know, you might be surprised.. good luck!
    mmmmmm..... Naked'ness

ReputationRep:
    debenhams, moonsoon are really really good, and im assuming you'd have both up north.

i got my summer ball dress from bay trading (which you probably also have) although they only occationally have little gems of dresses.

and its never too late to get the perfect dress. i bought mine for my lower 6th prom 2 days before ie on the saturday before the prom on the monday..and i had to have it altered as well! (me being a short arse.)

love Katy ***

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.