AQA sociology unit 3 global development 15th June 2015 Watch

Xemilybarnes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Anyone got any predictions for 18 and 33 mark essays?
124 pebbles
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My teacher says it is quite likely that What is Development? will come up
XpinappleX7
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My teacher said population may come up
Karkar
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Population came up last year though, my teacher placed her bets on urbanisation, gender and modernisation vs dependency because they haven't come up in a while but gosh I'm so panicked about this exam D:
124 pebbles
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Karkar)
Population came up last year though, my teacher placed her bets on urbanisation, gender and modernisation vs dependency because they haven't come up in a while but gosh I'm so panicked about this exam D:
Modernisation vs dependency has already been a specific question so I doubt it. But they could be more specific perhaps... somehow :-)
Karkar
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 124 pebbles)
Modernisation vs dependency has already been a specific question so I doubt it. But they could be more specific perhaps... somehow :-)
That's true, if it did come up I assume they'd be less direct, and have it as an underlying theme hidden behind an ambiguous question, because aqa be evil and all :P modernisation vs dependancy would be a dream question though
124 pebbles
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's true, if it did come up I assume they'd be less direct, and have it as an underlying theme hidden behind an ambiguous question, because aqa be evil and all :P modernisation vs dependancy would be a dream question though
yeah, it would be the perfect question!!!
XpinappleX7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm worried too
nicoleyeah
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have no idea where I would even begin with 'what is development' huh?!
Karkar
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nicoleyeah)
I have no idea where I would even begin with 'what is development' huh?!
I assume it would refer to the 'what classifies as development' argument so economic growth vs social changes, I may be wrong but that's what I would write
XpinappleX7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I wouldn't even know where to start with a modernisation v dependency question
nicoleyeah
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by XpinappleX7)
I wouldn't even know where to start with a modernisation v dependency question
Dependency believe origins of dependency and salvery and colonialism - explain this. To develop need to get away from the west.
Modernisation Theory believe it is internal to the country - cultural beliefs and traditional values
Discuss how both view aid and TNCs with case studies
discuss PCD approach and Paul collier's bottom billion
their views on trade

it would be a dream issue. you can just talk about any topic in relation to the theorists
nicoleyeah
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I assume it would refer to the 'what classifies as development' argument so economic growth vs social changes, I may be wrong but that's what I would write
that would be awful
XpinappleX7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
which 33 marker did you choose
Karkar
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by XpinappleX7)
which 33 marker did you choose
I chose the 'some countries are rich because others are poor' you?
Faizahalii
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I actually thought the exam was quite hard. I chose "some countries are rich because others are poor".
XpinappleX7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I did that too what did you write about - that environment question was awful
Faizahalii
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I wrote about intervention makes the country poor (under development) gave examples such as Shell and i cant remember what else i wrote. Ive failed that exam and there is no way ill get into uni. Well Unit 4 will probablybe a disaster
XpinappleX7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Faizahalii)
I wrote about intervention makes the country poor (under development) gave examples such as Shell and i cant remember what else i wrote. Ive failed that exam and there is no way ill get into uni. Well Unit 4 will probablybe a disaster
I didn't do that at all :/ I wrote all about world systems theory and the chain of dependency for dependency theory and rostows 5 stages, then wrote about issues such a health, urbanisation,tns, aid and debt and linked theory and name drops and wrote about how the rich countries benefit because poor countries stay poor because of all those issues
Faizahalii
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I didnt write that :/ i spoke about the theories and i included Neo lib, how they say Aid is a invisible hand of capatalism:/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (47)
25.41%
No (138)
74.59%

Watched Threads