''Showing forgiveness is a sign of weakness.'' Do you agree or disagree?

Watch
goldenusername
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Explain why you chose to agree/disagree.
What up dawg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by munnaa)
Looool it's the complete opposite to forgive someone you need to be strong in my opinion wnyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
G98
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by munnaa)
  1. I disagree. Without forgiveness how could there ever be peace? If this is an Religious Studies question though to get full/almost full marks it would help to use this layout:Paragraph 1: Explain from one point of view (either for agree or disagree) why they might agree/disagree with the statement made. Then use religious/morale reasoning to back this evidence up. Then evaluate the evidence, denoting how it links in with the point of view/point made
  1. Paragraph 2: carry out the exact same process as in paragraph 1, but from a different view point (either agree or disagree)to the one you first used.
  1. Paragraph 3: You need to express your personal opinion, using religious/morale reasoning in your answer, in order to formulate judgement, taking into account the religious view points (for agree and disagree) which have been wrote.
    1. If I were to answer this question in a religious studies paper this is what I would put, using the rules above: Without forgiveness how could there ever be peace in the world, because forgiveness is the answer towards solution and progression. Jesus denotes that peace is needed in the world in the quote "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called the children of God". This quote also shows that peace is needed to become closer to God, which can be achieved through forgiveness.On the other hand, religion teaches that people need to be strong to survive and stick up for what they believe in. How can you remain strong if you give into defeat by giving up what you stand for and showing forgiveness? In many of Jesus' teachings it is denoted in the bible and sacred texts that he stood up for what he believed in and never gave up-this gives the message that we should stand up for what we believe in, but how can we do that if we forgive?From both of these religious view points we can see that there are any morals. Personally I think that forgiveness leads to solution and progression, because I believe that reconciliation resolves issues, and working together (which is a result of forgiveness) will then lead to a solution and peace eventually.
dani_20197
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I do not agree with this point for the reasons that I think forgiveness makes you stronger not weaker and jesus would refer to "treat people how you want to be treated"so therefore , you would want to be forgiven so , forgive others.
Find_Me
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
"Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past."

Quote credit: https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/c...ou_and/d0ftluu
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
17.74%
I'm not sure (2)
1.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (39)
31.45%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.42%
I'm not a current university student (58)
46.77%

Watched Threads