The Student Room Group

Learning the highway code?

Hey, I was wondering, for my driving theory test do I have to revise the whole highway code book?Because some of the chapters are 'Rules for pedestrians' and 'Rules for motorcyclists', so would I have to know those sections? Also, for the test do I just revise the highway code and get a DVD on hazard perception-is that it?Thanks:smile:
Reply 1
I didn't even look at the highway code book - just bought the DVLA theory test practice and hazard perception practice DVD and went through all the practices and tests. That more that prepared me and it is laid out exactly like the actual theory test which helped. Some of the questions on the real thing were actually identical to what was on the DVD practice tests! :smile:
Reply 2
There won't be questions that directly relate to a vehicle you don't drive (e.g. how wide can a trailer be on a motorcycle), but questions about those vehicles can come up (e.g. why would a HGV drift right while indicating left). It's worth reading the other sections, particularly pedestrian ones, but the multi-choice test questions should be your priority.
Original post by Oraeng
I didn't even look at the highway code book - just bought the DVLA theory test practice and hazard perception practice DVD and went through all the practices and tests. That more that prepared me and it is laid out exactly like the actual theory test which helped. Some of the questions on the real thing were actually identical to what was on the DVD practice tests! :smile:

I agree.
The theory DVD's really help.

Quick Reply

Latest