Turn on thread page Beta

Political definition/alignment watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masonne)
    i kind of agree, but large chunks of the nhs's funding comes from tax on alcohol and cigarettes. apparently if everyone stopped drinking and smoking the nhs would collapse from under-funding. or so ive heard. :eek:
    But if everyone stopped drinking and smoking there would be fewer murders, assaults, rapes , car crashes, cancer , liver disease , heart disease etc which would in turn surely save the NHS more money than it would possibly lose from loss of tax.

ReputationRep:
    Come on now people its time to Get real.

Labour and Tories both wish to good for the UK, we know that surley no one party sets out to cripple the UK, dispite how some papers may believe.
    We could knock the Tories for obvious economic crisis' (PLURAL) and we can knock Labour for the love for Europe.

But I feel that either that is in power would only have slight changes in the actual running of the country, no extreme alterations like the likes of Thatcher will happen under these two, in my eyes atleast.

I like to think that we, as English / British which ever is your preferance, seek to develop our country and make sure that we are constantly constanly improving our standard of living and why of life.
    We all know, The people, NHS, education, Transport, Police, Firefighters, Armed servies and the Justice system are those areas that require the most attension.
    So why o why do repeated Governments continue to support other LEDC (the 3rd ones to any other anti PC :-). )

I propose the following changes, please hear me out before making a judgement:
    1) Decisions made should always put the interest of the UK first and formost above any other state.
    2) Criminal Justice System to be reformed, right of prisoners to be minimalised on the grounds that once iniside punishment not rehabilitation.
    3) Capital punishment reintroduced for Child Abusers, Rapists, Sex Offenders, terrorists, those guilty of treason, premedatated murder.
    4) Animal testing to be outlawed, of any kind.
    5) Those on 'Death Row' given the option to be tested up in exchange for their lives.
    6) Those in prison to have extended sentences, no luxury items such a TV, radios, all should contrubute, such as special 'prison factories'.
    7) Abolition of foxhunting
    8) Schools to encourage more physical activities, certain achivements should be awarded (not with a cookie) but to advance in education standards must be made. ofcourse certain inherited illnesses will be taken into account.
    9) Abolition of all foreign aid.
    10) Deportation of all illegal and convited immigrants.
    11) Increase the transport infracstrucer to the point where it is more convenient to travel than use the car.
    12) Withdrawl from the EU and the unequitable CAP.
    13) Legalisation of Cannabis.
    14) Crackdown on youth crime.
    15) Convictions and punishments to fit the severity of the crimes, no more torture of animals / children.
    16) A redistrubution in Income and Wealth, no more money hoarder.
    17) Inheritance allowed up to the value of no more than £100,000
    18) Be proud to be British, no other state will be.

ReputationRep:
    what?!?!?! you can't just expect, as being one of the richest countrys in the world you can just 'shrug off' the responsibilities to poorer nations ! then what? every other country would either follow the same route of completely lose their respect and thus our credibility in the world and also the status of Africa, what would happen then? total calamity!

1) what, and have a selfish and narrow foreign policy?! then what? we'd get ignored by the international community and thus, become unimportant

2) No, rehabilitation is the way forward, running a country on the basis of punishment, repression and harshness creates great problems and in fact INCREASES crime and sets an example that violence should be punished with violence - that is stupid and ethically wrong

3)Capital punishment - see above

4)Animal testing should be made illegal unless in total necessity i.e possible aids cure, cancer stoppers (LOL) and other drugs of perennial importance

5)that's just unethical and wrong ! people shouldn't be on death row anyway !

6)well....dependant on what their crime was, prison factories?! lol sounds like the Gulag system in 1930s Russia lol - forced labour, but yes maybe, if they were paid and the conditions were suitable

7)perhaps more regulated fox-hunting , only allowed during periods of increases in the fox-population

8)maybe - but not to the extent where it becomes paternalistic, the facilities should be available, but it should be the individuals choice whether to be involved

9)no, because that wouldn't help us , see intro and 1)

10)yes, more wasted funds = inefficiency

11)yes, public transport should be improved, perhaps even nationalised if it increases the quality and effiency and doesn't become wasteful

12) well, yes to both

13) no , because more health problems and excessive taxes, and it would restrict individualism as other people would have to breathe it in and be around people who would smoke it in public

14)yes, but to a minumum and not through repressive means

15)yes

16)well yes perhaps, especially among large co-operations and 'big businesses'

17)difficult that one this - depends on how the original person acquired the money

18) well yes, but not to the point where it becomes repugnant and excessive - perhaps only in war time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMainDon)
    Come on now people its time to Get real.

3) Capital punishment reintroduced for Child Abusers, Rapists, Sex Offenders, terrorists, those guilty of treason, premedatated murder.
    What do you call treason? Anyone who doesnt like the monarchy and organises opposition to put about the end to its miserable existence?

ReputationRep:
    No as in those who plant bombs, kill policemen those who activley try to encourage suicde strikes against the UK, Hook springs to mind

ReputationRep:
    So in other words Sami, you are the Anti me?
    it really does get my goat when people like you express such Liberal views.
    You just want to be with the Status Quo, lmao you think my taxes should keep Child Abusers alive? you think the killers of Jamie Buldger should be protected? You believe that a man who rapes a 18 month old baby should only be given 3 months in prison?

excuse me we are stopping the evolution by supporting these 3rd world countries, they contrubute nothing to socirty, i want my taxes going to the needy in this country, ensuring the british way of life, making sure our troops have what they want and making sure the our standard of living increases. Not some 3rd world bum

A tough world asks for tough decisions

ReputationRep:
    do you read the Daily Mail perchance?

no, i'm not like the status quo at all, if you see my first original post, i have some radical views,

so instead, you pay taxes and let people be killed - a life for a life?

but then it turns into a life for a life for a life for a life for a life , ad nauseum.

perhaps it's in the publics best interest that they be kept alive? would you live lynch mobs tearing down your street to find the 'village rogue' ?

british way of life? your one of those people who are neurotic about their culture, just like a lot of the French government - 'quick we have to become hyper-patriotic, ban anything relating to 'foreign cultures' and promote the british way of life' That's how bad things happen

who said a baby-raper gets only 3 months? wouldn't you prefer him rehabilitated and the system succeeding or him being killed and thus, extermination and force prevails? and we spend our taxes on poison potions and bullets and masses of electricity to pump into people?

so what? we let Africa just be ruined? and let aids/diseases expand? into north africa? into southern spain? into france? and then into UK?

ReputationRep:
    no thats an actual precedent roughly 1/2 a year old.
    AFRICA? lol Homosexuality is the crime Aids is the cure. lol love that saying

Charity starts at home, people with AIDS in the UK require treatment before any African? surley u agree with that

i marched against bigots like you in 2002 in Oldham and i would do it every week if it stopped people like you having any form of political power,

you really have backward principles,

it is sad that you have maxims such as that and also believe in them, you are truly ignorant and thick,

charity starts all over the world

ReputationRep:
    good site that i think,

Economic Left/Right: -5.12
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.51

ReputationRep:
    You just want to be with the Status Quo, lmao you think my taxes should keep Child Abusers alive? you think the killers of Jamie Buldger should be protected? You believe that a man who rapes a 18 month old baby should only be given 3 months in prison?
    until we have a justice system that can tell the difference between a innocent and gulity conculsively we shouldn't kill anyone on a pratical level
    and on a moral issue how can society condem a crime and then take the same action? It doesn't fit in our system of morality.
    excuse me we are stopping the evolution by supporting these 3rd world countries, they contrubute nothing to socirty, i want my taxes going to the needy in this country, ensuring the british way of life, making sure our troops have what they want and making sure the our standard of living increases. Not some 3rd world bum
    evolution? erm i thought we had developed from being apes. Lets take your idea to its conculsion, we should get rid of hospitals since they go against the survival of the fittest. Personally I don't this that is a good idea. Considering virtually all manufactured goods are produced in the 3rd you might like to reconsider the "they contribute nothing to society". What is the british way of life out of interest? and the poor in the 3rd world can't help being poor you ignorant fool. Its because of 3rd world debt and unfair global trade rules that we have this situation.
    A tough world asks for tough decisions
    thats good....but its not right

ReputationRep:
    no thats an actual precedent roughly 1/2 a year old.
    AFRICA? lol Homosexuality is the crime Aids is the cure. lol love that saying

Charity starts at home, people with AIDS in the UK require treatment before any African? surley u agree with that
    you ignorant fool
    The aids suffers recieve treatment beyond the wildest dreams of Africans ALREADY.
    do you know how many people in britain have aids? compared to Africa?
    do you believe in any morality of any sort? if not go and find some and then come back.

ReputationRep:
    good site that i think,

Economic Left/Right: -5.12
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.51
    would that suggest youre a nazi then?

ReputationRep:
    i think that tree hugers liek yourself have enough morals 4 anyone. what will it take to actually start realising charity starts at home and although it may sound right to give money to foreginers ethically and morally, this does not make it so.

people believe just because it is the status quo, people relly do have to get the priorites in order. and what comes first is the British people, above any other state, if you disagree with, then quite frankly you dont deserve to stay here.

ReputationRep:
    i think that tree hugers liek yourself have enough morals 4 anyone. what will it take to actually start realising charity starts at home and although it may sound right to give money to foreginers ethically and morally, this does not make it so.

people believe just because it is the status quo, people relly do have to get the priorites in order. and what comes first is the British people, above any other state, if you disagree with, then quite frankly you dont deserve to stay here.
    your problem is that youve expressed varying sentiments that mean people are finding it difficult to swallow this now moderate-nationalist line.

ReputationRep:
    TheMainDon,

i was speaking to him on MSN, we have completly different political views, but that didn't get in the way of us talking,

but then he went on about how he hated islamics and that they should all be killed,

lol - then i told him i'm half-turkish lol.....

he suddenly became rather angry and was threatening me with such bombastic rhetoric such as *we'll get you eventually* and *your kind will be removed forever* etc... lol

he made me laugh actually, he didn't like the fact i could say im British as i was born here and only speak English - he wanted to get me into the "my culture is better than yours" , and yes i embrace both cultures (perhaps the British one more so because i live here) but i said to him while his culture were running around stone circles and building huts, mine were playing chess and learning the art of warefare,

not that i believed what i said, but it did prove effective in getting him even MORE angry lol

then i said to him he should get counselling because he seemed a nice guy behind it all, then he turned on me and said i was turkish AND gay, worse than being welsh apparently,

ahhhh

ReputationRep:
    wanting to apply a suitable sentence for child rape and denying criminals any kind of human rights can hardly be compared.

and making sure the our standard of living increases. Not some 3rd world bum
    i think this is where you may be going wrong. a tough world also means you have to win 'hearts and minds'. it appears youve failed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    your problem is that youve expressed varying sentiments that mean people are finding it difficult to swallow this now moderate-nationalist line.
    the other problem is that he has no belief system to back up why we should be doing thiis other than greed and narrow interest which help no one in the long run and ultimately led to anarchy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sami_ThePeelite)
    what?!?!?! you can't just expect, as being one of the richest countrys in the world you can just 'shrug off' the responsibilities to poorer nations ! then what? every other country would either follow the same route of completely lose their respect and thus our credibility in the world and also the status of Africa, what would happen then? total calamity!
    or perhaps the opposite. consistent humanitarian aid is damaging africas progress not helping it.

1) what, and have a selfish and narrow foreign policy?! then what? we'd get ignored by the international community and thus, become unimportant
    this made me laugh. every foreign policy decision is and should be made with British interests as primary. name one country that does not apply that basic principle.

2) No, rehabilitation is the way forward, running a country on the basis of punishment, repression and harshness creates great problems and in fact INCREASES crime and sets an example that violence should be punished with violence - that is stupid and ethically wrong

3)Capital punishment - see above

5)that's just unethical and wrong ! people shouldn't be on death row anyway !
    capital punishment is now 'by default' wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    the other problem is that he has no belief system to back up why we should be doing thiis other than greed and narrow interest which help no one in the long run and ultimately led to anarchy
    bearing in mind he seems to be heavily on the side of state intervention and control, anarchy seems a long way off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sami_ThePeelite)
    TheMainDon,

i was speaking to him on MSN, we have completly different political views, but that didn't get in the way of us talking,

but then he went on about how he hated islamics and that they should all be killed,

lol - then i told him i'm half-turkish lol.....

he suddenly became rather angry and was threatening me with such bombastic rhetoric such as *we'll get you eventually* and *your kind will be removed forever* etc... lol

he made me laugh actually, he didn't like the fact i could say im British as i was born here and only speak English - he wanted to get me into the "my culture is better than yours" , and yes i embrace both cultures (perhaps the British one more so because i live here) but i said to him while his culture were running around stone circles and building huts, mine were playing chess and learning the art of warefare,

not that i believed what i said, but it did prove effective in getting him even MORE angry lol

then i said to him he should get counselling because he seemed a nice guy behind it all, then he turned on me and said i was turkish AND gay, worse than being welsh apparently,

ahhhh
    we only judge others based on what appears within this forum. it is of no value im afraid.

and your half turkish but youre British? how does that work?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 4, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.