DolphusCheek74
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
My situation is as follows:

Having re-done Year 12, I think I'll obtain AAU/BBU/BCU/AAE/BBE/BCE grades in three AS subjects. However, I also carried on one subject from my first year onto A2, but feel as though I'll obtain a E for it.

This means that I'll apply to university with AAEE grades at best. However, I’m considering dropping my E-graded AS subject and re-taking the E-graded A2 subject as well as all it's AS modules next year in order to improve my grade, whilst also undertaking my A-graded AS subjects at A2.

Assuming I'll get a new predicted grade for my E-graded A2 subject based on the re-sits that I'll be doing, will I get offers? I'm hoping to study a humanities subject at uni btw, which aren't too competitive usually.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DolphusCheek74)
My situation is as follows:

Having re-done Year 12, I think I'll obtain AAU/BBU/BCU/AAE/BBE/BCE grades in three AS subjects. However, I also carried on one subject from my first year onto A2, but feel as though I'll obtain a E for it.

This means that I'll apply to university with AAEE grades at best. However, I’m considering dropping my E-graded AS subject and re-taking the E-graded A2 subject as well as all it's AS modules next year in order to improve my grade, whilst also undertaking my A-graded AS subjects at A2.

Assuming I'll get a new predicted grade for my E-graded A2 subject based on the re-sits that I'll be doing, will I get offers? I'm hoping to study a humanities subject at uni btw, which aren't too competitive usually.
AAE is something like 260 ucas points and there should be a few unis which will accept that for sure if you re not fussy about where you want to go, i got AEEE in my as and still got a place so if i can you will:P what subject you looking at imparticular?
DolphusCheek74
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
History. What were your predicted grades? I'm thinking I'll get A's in AS History and Politics and an E in Economics (That E will be a full A-Level). If I was to re-sit A2 Econ with it's AS modules along with continuing with History and Politics onto A2 (of which I'll be predicted A's), how will uni's perceive this?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DolphusCheek74)
History. What were your predicted grades? I'm thinking I'll get A's in AS History and Politics and an E in Economics (That E will be a full A-Level). If I was to re-sit A2 Econ with it's AS modules along with continuing with History and Politics onto A2 (of which I'll be predicted A's), how will uni's perceive this?
my teachers never told me my predicted grades:P i d have guess ADD or along those lines.
It depends on the unis feelings towards resists i suppose, unless they openly say they have a problem with them and you can show your were determined to improve i dont think you ll have anything to worry about.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (126)
18.1%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.59%
Not great so far... (250)
35.92%
I want to drop out! (128)
18.39%

Watched Threads