The Student Room Group

Politics vs Political science

I was wondering if anyone could explain to me the difference between a Politics degree and a Political Science degree?
There's a very fundamental difference called: the name :biggrin:
There is no difference.
Original post by Snufkin
There is no difference.

Then why do some courses have different names?
Original post by Gabrielxucram
There's a very fundamental difference called: the name :biggrin:

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, but I meant the difference between the content of the courses
Original post by GabiRosenberg
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, but I meant the difference between the content of the courses

All courses differ slightly in terms of content, even ones with exactly the same name. Politics and Political Science are the same.
Honestly, look at the course content between the two courses if you want to know the difference between the content of the two courses. Are people really so ****ing lazy?
Original post by GabiRosenberg

Different Unis have different contents regardless of whether they call the course PoliSci or Politics or Government. Also usually US unis call it PoliSci and UK unis call it Politics so it's the whole Chips and Crisps thing all over again. Look up the prospects of where you want to go and then decide which attracts you the most regardless of the name of the program.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending