The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Rayban
And this is means powerstations producing more power, using more fossil fuels. Unless they make that wind farm thing in the North east ocean thing then i doubt this will be sucessful. Plus what happens to all the old cars?

no. there are plenty of other methods of electricity production solar power, Hydro electricity, wind farms, tidal power, all of which is in the governments 6 year plan to improve the UK's energy resource situation.
Reply 61
Rayban
Some people may argue cig's help them relax though, however i do agree a car is much more useful.

but you can't smoke a car....
Reply 62
endorf
if this is true, yes you are being (very) irresponsible. you could be a very good athlete if you gave up smoking.

I am a very good athlete despite smoking....i have played rugby for the south of england...was in the top ten for high jump in the country and have a provional offer to join a premiership rugby club on a training contract in september.....next
Reply 63
Rayban
Its not like he's trying to turn pro lol

maybe not, but is he at the best of his ability ??.. no.

"why"... the 15 sticks he shoves in his mouth and burns each day.
Reply 64
endorf
no. there are plenty of other methods of electricity production solar power, Hydro electricity, wind farms, tidal power, all of which is in the governments 6 year plan to improve the UK's energy resource situation.

I doubt all these will produce more than 50% of our power by 2050
Reply 65
Cossack
I am a very good athlete despite smoking....i have played rugby for the south of england...was in the top ten for high jump in the country and have a provional offer to join a premiership rugby club on a training contract in september.....next
ok so maybe he may be goin pro lol
Reply 66
Cossack

Which team?
Reply 67
Cossack

not as good as you would be if you gave up smoking. plus on average i will live 5-10 years longer than you. "next"
Reply 68
dforster

But cars produce smoke :tongue:
Reply 69
dforster

Don't you know? All the coolest people have a hosepipe going from their exhaust to their window! Oh wait...
Reply 70
Rayban
I doubt all these will produce more than 50% of our power by 2050

well please dont be offended when I choose to take the European Energy Commissions view that the UK and other Countries (france, germany etc) can become completely energy self sufficient (100% use of renewable energy sources) by the year 2020.
Reply 71
Gimp
Don't you know? All the coolest people have a hosepipe going from their exhaust to their window!

HAD!
Reply 72
Bigcnee
Which team?

Saracens, but im not accepting the offer as its not a very good deal and im going to uni so i might play for a team up there (possible sale but i need to be scouted first)...the contract would mean i couldnt go to uni and im not good enough to give up my education
Reply 73
endorf
well please dont be offended when I choose to take the European Energy Commissions view that the UK and other Countries (france, germany etc) can become completely energy self sufficient (100% use of renewable energy sources) by the year 2020.

Would be enough power to millions of cars though? And enough for every 1 to make a cupper in the big brother break? :tongue:
Reply 74
Cossack
Saracens, but im not accepting the offer as its not a very good deal and im going to uni so i might play for a team up there (possible sale but i need to be scouted first)...the contract would mean i couldnt go to uni and im not good enough to give up my education

Cool. Bath have Matt Stevens, who retains his education whilst playing rugby, so I would advise that.
Reply 75
Gimp
Don't you know? All the coolest people have a hosepipe going from their exhaust to their window! Oh wait...

you just cant beat the toxic taste of carbon monoxide!
Reply 76
Bigcnee
Cool. Bath have Matt Stevens, who retains his education whilst playing rugby, so I would advise that.

a few of my mates are playing whilst at uni but im going to manchester and havent had an offer from any clubs in the area yet and im out of the country at them moment so i cant do a trial...my old coach is trying to sort something out as he's 'connected' so fingers crossed
Reply 77
Rayban
Would be enough power to millions of cars though? And enough for every 1 to make a cupper in the big brother break? :tongue:

yes.
Reply 78
endorf
yes.

:eek:
Reply 79
Smoking is only cool if you don't mind being in the cemetry a few years earlier than you thought. I've only ever smoked once in my life, and that was canabis in Amsterdam after I got extremely drunk.

Latest

Trending

Trending