Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rayban)
    And this is means powerstations producing more power, using more fossil fuels. Unless they make that wind farm thing in the North east ocean thing then i doubt this will be sucessful. Plus what happens to all the old cars?
    no. there are plenty of other methods of electricity production solar power, Hydro electricity, wind farms, tidal power, all of which is in the governments 6 year plan to improve the UK's energy resource situation.

ReputationRep:
    Some people may argue cig's help them relax though, however i do agree a car is much more useful.
    but you can't smoke a car....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    if this is true, yes you are being (very) irresponsible. you could be a very good athlete if you gave up smoking.
    I am a very good athlete despite smoking....i have played rugby for the south of england...was in the top ten for high jump in the country and have a provional offer to join a premiership rugby club on a training contract in september.....next

ReputationRep:
    Its not like he's trying to turn pro lol
    maybe not, but is he at the best of his ability ??.. no.

"why"... the 15 sticks he shoves in his mouth and burns each day.

ReputationRep:
    no. there are plenty of other methods of electricity production solar power, Hydro electricity, wind farms, tidal power, all of which is in the governments 6 year plan to improve the UK's energy resource situation.
    I doubt all these will produce more than 50% of our power by 2050

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    I am a very good athlete despite smoking....i have played rugby for the south of england...was in the top ten for high jump in the country and have a provional offer to join a premiership rugby club on a training contract in september.....next
    ok so maybe he may be goin pro lol

ReputationRep:
    Which team?

ReputationRep:
    not as good as you would be if you gave up smoking. plus on average i will live 5-10 years longer than you. "next"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dforster)
    But cars produce smoke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dforster)
    Don't you know? All the coolest people have a hosepipe going from their exhaust to their window! Oh wait...

ReputationRep:
    I doubt all these will produce more than 50% of our power by 2050
    well please dont be offended when I choose to take the European Energy Commissions view that the UK and other Countries (france, germany etc) can become completely energy self sufficient (100% use of renewable energy sources) by the year 2020.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    Don't you know? All the coolest people have a hosepipe going from their exhaust to their window!
    HAD!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Which team?
    Saracens, but im not accepting the offer as its not a very good deal and im going to uni so i might play for a team up there (possible sale but i need to be scouted first)...the contract would mean i couldnt go to uni and im not good enough to give up my education

ReputationRep:
    well please dont be offended when I choose to take the European Energy Commissions view that the UK and other Countries (france, germany etc) can become completely energy self sufficient (100% use of renewable energy sources) by the year 2020.
    Would be enough power to millions of cars though? And enough for every 1 to make a cupper in the big brother break?

ReputationRep:
    Saracens, but im not accepting the offer as its not a very good deal and im going to uni so i might play for a team up there (possible sale but i need to be scouted first)...the contract would mean i couldnt go to uni and im not good enough to give up my education
    Cool. Bath have Matt Stevens, who retains his education whilst playing rugby, so I would advise that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    Don't you know? All the coolest people have a hosepipe going from their exhaust to their window! Oh wait...
    you just cant beat the toxic taste of carbon monoxide!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Cool. Bath have Matt Stevens, who retains his education whilst playing rugby, so I would advise that.
    a few of my mates are playing whilst at uni but im going to manchester and havent had an offer from any clubs in the area yet and im out of the country at them moment so i cant do a trial...my old coach is trying to sort something out as he's 'connected' so fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    Would be enough power to millions of cars though? And enough for every 1 to make a cupper in the big brother break?
    yes.

ReputationRep:
    yes.
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Smoking is only cool if you don't mind being in the cemetry a few years earlier than you thought. I've only ever smoked once in my life, and that was canabis in Amsterdam after I got extremely drunk.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 31, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.