The Student Room Group

CCEA A2 History, Partition of Ireland 1900-1925, Raw Mark Grade Boundaries

hiii does anyone know where I could find or could post what you needed last year (2014) in raw marks (out of the actual paper) to get an A as in 96/120 uniform marks? And for the other grade boundaries too?? CCEA don't seem to post them on their website!
Would be so helpful!! please post below :smile:
I dont think ccea gives this information out! All i know is i got a B with 148/200 at AS😏 just out of curiosity what was the synoptic paper you did this year? I'm assuming you did the source paper on partition of ireland😇
Original post by rachel244
I dont think ccea gives this information out! All i know is i got a B with 148/200 at AS😏 just out of curiosity what was the synoptic paper you did this year? I'm assuming you did the source paper on partition of ireland😇

hiii would be so helped if they did :frown: we did Ireland 1800-1900! you? All of our A2 was Ireland :smile:
Original post by a2historypupil15
hiii would be so helped if they did :frown: we did Ireland 1800-1900! you? All of our A2 was Ireland :smile:

we did russia for our synoptic! what did you think of the source paper?? so many schools complained about the NI source Qs but what did you (and your school) think of it??
Original post by rachel244
we did russia for our synoptic! what did you think of the source paper?? so many schools complained about the NI source Qs but what did you (and your school) think of it??

I'd have love to have done something different like that, Ireland is so boring and most of the people I've spoke to hated the sources so really hoping the grade boundaries drop!
Source paper for Partition of Ireland totally hideous! I expect lots of schools have complained - we certainly did contact CCEA to complain. Because of that I expect we will get slightly more lenient marking or lower boundaries..

You are right that 96 UMS is an A. That worked out last year to be about 57/8 out of 70 raw marks. Ish. But - due to Partition being done poorly across the board this year, it may be more like 51/52 to get 96 UMS!!

Hope this helps,

JPR
Original post by Strangford15
Source paper for Partition of Ireland totally hideous! I expect lots of schools have complained - we certainly did contact CCEA to complain. Because of that I expect we will get slightly more lenient marking or lower boundaries..

You are right that 96 UMS is an A. That worked out last year to be about 57/8 out of 70 raw marks. Ish. But - due to Partition being done poorly across the board this year, it may be more like 51/52 to get 96 UMS!!

Hope this helps,

JPR

Hoping you're right about the lower boundaries! The sources were just horrible to work with and on the smallest part of the course too!! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending