AQA Unit 4A Geography question

Watch this thread
Strickerz
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I've seen this question on a few of the fieldwork papers in the past few years, it's 'How did the undertaking of your fieldwork help your geographical understanding?'. I am quite confused about what it's asking for. What are some points that I could include? Thanks.
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
x
harishkohli
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hello, what is your field work relating to? I could write you a model answer if you like if that would help in regards to my own fieldwork?
Smokeybacon27
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
My understanding is that you talk about your results and how they relate to geographical theory. Eg, SR of 0.968 supported the Bradshaw theory and explain anomalies using your knowledge of river influences.
username1888237
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
deleted
Last edited by username1888237; 10 months ago
Smokeybacon27
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by PGTippz)
I found our investigation useful to my understanding of three areas of geography in particular: rivers, scientific research method and fieldwork techniques.

Sumarised:
• Learned about rivers, scientific research method and fieldwork techniques
• allowed me to see how an actual river compared with, ideal river and Bradshaw Model
• Interpreting anomalies increased my understanding
• human and physical factors
• dam at Fofanny, sites 2 and 3 caused a lower than expected velocity
• local geology, relief and human influence
• process of scientific investigation
• conclusions are only valid if they are based on accurate results
• sampling used are important
• how to use equipment to collect data as reliably as possible

Hey, thanks for the really through answer... Its really helped with this question which was the one I was most dreading.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
32.79%
They're what I expected (19)
31.15%
They're worse than what I expected (22)
36.07%

Watched Threads