Double standards galore Watch

Yesyes121
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Why can't men have double standards with regards to their girlfriends/potential ones.

For example, I've had a friends with benefits yet I'd be turned off of a girl I meet if she'd also had one in the past.

Surely relationships are a private matter and people can set their own standards free of criticism from others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jebedee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Yesyes121)
Why can't men have double standards with regards to their girlfriends/potential ones.

For example, I've had a friends with benefits yet I'd be turned off of a girl I meet if she'd also had one in the past.

Surely relationships are a private matter and people can set their own standards free of criticism from others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who said men can't?
By the way, due to the dynamics of female and male sexuality that would not be a double-standard per se.
Yesyes121
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jebedee)
Who said men can't?
By the way, due to the dynamics of female and male sexuality that would not be a double-standard per se.
People expect men to put the same standards on others as they've set upon themselves?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jebedee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
People expect men to put the same standards on others as they've set upon themselves?

Posted from TSR Mobile
As a man you should not be concerned about the standards other people attempt to impose. A wolf cares not for the opinion of sheep.
Yesyes121
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jebedee)
As a man you should not be concerned about the standards other people attempt to impose. A wolf cares not for the opinion of sheep.
I don't, but I was wondering why many girls think otherwise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
dyslexicvegie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Your choice.

You can choose to reject a cohort of people who could be ur perfect partner because they are to similer to you in regards to past behaviors.

It's only going to be ur loss. Why should anyone else care that much.
Jebedee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't, but I was wondering why many girls think otherwise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because it justifies their hoe-like behaviour and lack of understanding of gender roles and social dynamics in dating.
keturah
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everyone is entitled to have their own opinions. Yours just makes you a hypocrite which is very unattractive imo
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.07%
They might tell the bully (35)
9.51%
I don't think they'd understand (56)
15.22%
It might lead to more bullying (143)
38.86%
There's nothing they could do (108)
29.35%

Watched Threads