Retroandbeyond
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi guys,

Does anyone know the definition of disguised ideology, what does this term mean ?
Guills on wheels
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Another aspect of the traditional Marxist position on ideology is that it relies on a distinctionbetween reality and perceived reality. This implies that ideology distorts or disguises the realworld (material reality) and that therefore there must be a real world to distort or disguise.We have described the dominant ideology thesis as a ‘traditional’ Marxist approach, butsome Marxists have taken a rather different line on ideology. For example, Gramsci’sconcept of hegemony offers a more sophisticated view of ideological contests in which‘ruling ideas’ are continually struggling with the competing world views of other interestgroups in society. In order to perpetuate the capitalist system, ruling class ideology cannotbe inflexible. Gramsci’s version is much more likely to focus on the ‘ideological struggles’involved in hegemony, rather than seeing ideology as a giant monolith that simply crushesall opposition.

This?

Yeah: "we seek to demonstrate that positive psychology, as it is currently being carried out, risks becoming a form of disguised ideology that perpetuates the socio-political status quo and fails to do justice to moral visions outside the dominant outlook"

EDIT: sorry, the last part I just replaced with this was wrong; the disguised ideology is the ruling ideology that perpetrates our minds and influences our thinking without us realising. Like engrained racism, for example; the ideology of white supremacy is now 'disguised' in our minds, and that's A Bad Thing.
jackhaugh
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's a belief that someone or something is either wearing camouflage or really good at hide and seek.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (201)
43.79%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (51)
11.11%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.63%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (98)
21.35%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (47)
10.24%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.88%

Watched Threads