What do you do with your old school exercise books, revision notes etc...? Watch

parrot16
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
That you don't need.
Throw them away?
Keep all?
Keep 1 or 2?
Burn them?
Recycle?
mmmmmmmmmmmmm
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Blackstarr
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
No, you should keep them, you never know when they will come in handy.
Blackstarr
Report 4 years ago
I still have my GCSE maths stuff and revision stuff for other subjects and whilst I don't need them(maths anyway) I have kept them because my little sister could use them and they could be handy for my A levels.
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've got a nice fireplace so they're all fuel now.
parrot16
Rep:
?
(Original post by mmmmmmmmmmmmm)
Contributing to global warming!!!:p:E
parrot16
Rep:
?
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
I've got a nice fireplace so they're all fuel now.
Lol.
Savino
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've lost most of my old study materials, I have no idea where they are. I've kept some of my A-Level notebooks. So many pyromaniacs on this thread, wow...
parrot16
Rep:
?
(Original post by 08Mercyf)
No, you should keep them, you never know when they will come in handy.
I have got revison guides and notes. Should I keep all or just the revison guides? I have like a meter height pile of revision notes.
Dinaa
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In the attic ofc, gonna show my kids :ahee:
ImNotReallyMe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Throw them, but there's a couple things i wish i kept now, they were work that teachers greatly praised me for so i wish i kept them as they act as proof of your hard work, i have kept a couple of things though, but for the most part i get rid cos i'm not a hoarder, i'm a real minimalist and look for any excuse to throw stuff out, anything that feels cluttery, and school stuff definitely feels like that
parrot16
Rep:
?
(Original post by Savino)
I've lost most of my old study materials, I have no idea where they are. I've kept some of my A-Level notebooks. So many pyromaniacs on this thread, wow...
You lost them?:eyebrow::lolwut:
parrot16
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dinaa)
In the attic ofc, gonna show my kids :ahee:
Lol exactly what I'm planning. But Im not keeping all notes just like 1 or two exercise books and some revison guides.
suzywithaZY
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Burning them just doesn't feel right. I've spent so long on all those notes, so I feel like I have to keep them to justify the amount of time I spent on them :lol:
Still have all my GCSE notes and currently in the process of storing away all my AS notes :lol: Sometimes when I'm bored I flick through my old notes and laugh at how **** my writing used to be xD
parrot16
Rep:
?
(Original post by ImNotReallyMe)
Throw them, but there's a couple things i wish i kept now, they were work that teachers greatly praised me for so i wish i kept them as they act as proof of your hard work, i have kept a couple of things though, but for the most part i get rid cos i'm not a hoarder, i'm a real minimalist and look for any excuse to throw stuff out, anything that feels cluttery, and school stuff definitely feels like that
I will keep like one or two exercise books but throw the rest out because I'm too trying to get rid of stuff I don't need.
Blackstarr
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by parrot16)
I have got revison guides and notes. Should I keep all or just the revison guides? I have like a meter height pile of revision notes.
Hmmm.....

I will keep them both just in case but if you genuinely feel like you want need some of them then throw them away or maybe donate the revision guides to charity or something.
leahdw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anything that I've bought (English books for example - I still have Animal Farm in my cupboard, and Music Anthologies) automatically stays. Anything that I'm continuing (so French stuff, for example) stays as well.

I kept some old unneeded stuff in a box but never got an opportunity to burn it (which I really wanted to do) so it went in the recycling once the box got too full.

Revision stuff rarely makes any sense to me after exams, so that goes.

Basically I keep things just to reminisce, but I have to be brutal when it comes to actual notes.
parrot16
Rep:
?
(Original post by thechemistress)
Burning them just doesn't feel right. I've spent so long on all those notes, so I feel like I have to keep them to justify the amount of time I spent on them :lol:
Still have all my GCSE notes and currently in the process of storing away all my AS notes :lol: Sometimes when I'm bored I flick through my old notes and laugh at how **** my writing used to be xD
I'm keeping like one GCSE exercise book and then I'm going to open it like 30 years later, show my kids and laugh at how stupid my thinking used to be.
parrot16
Rep:
?
(Original post by 08Mercyf)
Hmmm.....

I will keep them both just in case but if you genuinely feel like you want need some of them then throw them away or maybe donate the revision guides to charity or something.
But its like taking up all my bedroom storage space.
Savino
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by parrot16)
You lost them?:eyebrow::lolwut:
That seems to be the case, my stuff just disappears into nothingness...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (128)
23.88%
Pop (125)
23.32%
Jazz (24)
4.48%
Classical (29)
5.41%
Hip-Hop (99)
18.47%