Nlk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
so I came across a small private equity firm near me, and on their website it says they are looking for students to intern, please email the managing director with your CV if you are interested.

I was wondering whether I should treat this email like a cover letter?
or.. keep it short/straight to the point something like below?

i am emailing you as I saw *** are looking for interns. I am currently at university and looking for internships in this industry, I am eager to learn more about Private Equity and feel I could really benefit from interning with ***. I have attached my CV to this email and was wondering if you found me suitable for the role, to contact me about a possible internship with ***
Econight
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Nlk)
so I came across a small private equity firm near me, and on their website it says they are looking for students to intern, please email the managing director with your CV if you are interested.

I was wondering whether I should treat this email like a cover letter?
or.. keep it short/straight to the point something like below?

i am emailing you as I saw *** are looking for interns. I am currently at university and looking for internships in this industry, I am eager to learn more about Private Equity and feel I could really benefit from interning with ***. I have attached my CV to this email and was wondering if you found me suitable for the role, to contact me about a possible internship with ***
Email a cover letter and attach your CV, you want the letter to explain why you and why the firm. Do your research, look up their previous deals, show you are hungry for the role and not someone just looking to get something on the CV.
StoicBanker
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Other opinion: keep the mail short (why you are applying) and include both cover letter and CV in the mail (attached). Chances are they will print both out and hand them out to whoever is in charge of interns.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (97)
39.43%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
10.98%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.32%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.17%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.2%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.91%

Watched Threads