Geography or Psychology degree? Anyone else doing?

Watch
TimmyR
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I think I'll end up studying at Manchester as it's local and very well respected and my current first choice too. The geography department is also apparently 6th in the world rankings.

Both degrees require AAB but they don't exactly specify in what exactly.
Hope I'll get an A/B in Psychology and maybe a B in Geography. Probably a B in English and a C in Biology in my AS. That's hopefully.

I love both subjects in general* and I know both, especially psychology will give me loads of research and transferable skills, but I'm not too keen on how Geography will be taught next year in my school in that the class is composed of just 2 people. That aside, I love the course content for both A2s, especially Geography A2.
Now if I dropped Geography and didn't continue to A2 would I be ineligible for a Geography degree? I know a Psychology degree doesn't require a psychology A level and isn't too specific with A level choices as long as they're quite essay and critical thinking based/scientific I guess...
Apparently University of Manchester (my current 1st choice) doesn't mind if you didn't take Geography A2 as long as you do a science A level and acquire good grades in other A levels. Henceforth, I will continue Biology if I don't continue Geography to A2 and I should still be safe right????
I'd also love to study abroad for a year (preferably America, but I doubt it'll ever happen) so would Geography provide a more realistic possibility of that ever happening? Manchester apparently has some promising exchange programs?

Thank you for reading

Anyone else doing Psychology or Geography?
Flather
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Economics
TimmyR
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I hate math. and I'm afraid that wasn't in my options o.o
ThatTeenGirl03
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hope you did well in your exams, I read this and we both face the same issues. I was sure up until results day I wanted to do a geography degree but I only got a C which I was really disappointed with when I had been getting higher grades in mocks and predicted an A (I was two UMS off a B). Anyway, I got an A in psychology and am now thinking about doing psychology at uni but I'm not really sure because I've had my heart set on geography since I was at high school and although I like psychology too, I feel my heart isn't in it in the same way geography is but at the same time I don't want to waste loads of money on a geography degree and get a bad grade. I'd also like to do a year abroad too in America!! Preferably I'd like it to be as part of the degree but don't mind if I have to add a year. At the minute UEA is my first choice because it's local and has a good reputation!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (108)
27.69%
England (133)
34.1%
Belgium (30)
7.69%
Germany (41)
10.51%
Spain (8)
2.05%