chopinfan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Okay so originally I picked AH Maths, Mechanics, Physics & Chemistry this year, but I can't do both physics and chemistry as they are running at the same time. Really wanted to do both as I'm still unsure of what to study at uni, although I decided to go with AH physics in the end.

On my timetable atm I've got AH Maths, Mechanics, Physics and Higher Modern Studies. I find moddies really interesting but have always hated writing essays so will proably drop it, which will leave space for a different subject (or 2 enhancements :colone:). I took Higher Biology last year and found some of it pretty interesting, so I'm thinking about taking AH Biology instead of the AH Chemistry I intended to do. Apparently AH Physics & Biology is a very weird/bad combination and I'm not really sure whether this is true? The reason I would want to do it is so that I'm not stuck with the limited choice of doing either maths or physics at uni and have biology as another option. I really enjoy maths & physics but not completely sure if it's what I want to do. Idek how people manage to make these decisions at such a young age haha. If anyone could give me some advice I would be very grateful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pennyarcade
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Idek if there is weird combinations. Just do what you want
WithoutMuchHope
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
follow ur haert lol
chopinfan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Pennyarcade)
Idek if there is weird combinations. Just do what you want
(Original post by WithoutMuchHope)
follow ur haert lol
Thanks guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
ScotDoc
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by chopinfan)
Okay so originally I picked AH Maths, Mechanics, Physics & Chemistry this year, but I can't do both physics and chemistry as they are running at the same time. Really wanted to do both as I'm still unsure of what to study at uni, although I decided to go with AH physics in the end.

On my timetable atm I've got AH Maths, Mechanics, Physics and Higher Modern Studies. I find moddies really interesting but have always hated writing essays so will proably drop it, which will leave space for a different subject (or 2 enhancements :colone:). I took Higher Biology last year and found some of it pretty interesting, so I'm thinking about taking AH Biology instead of the AH Chemistry I intended to do. Apparently AH Physics & Biology is a very weird/bad combination and I'm not really sure whether this is true? The reason I would want to do it is so that I'm not stuck with the limited choice of doing either maths or physics at uni and have biology as another option. I really enjoy maths & physics but not completely sure if it's what I want to do. Idek how people manage to make these decisions at such a young age haha. If anyone could give me some advice I would be very grateful

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol m8 at this stage you shouldnt worry about "keeping your options open" since most courses don't factor in what advanced highers you do and only care about the highers you do. Do what you want
.A_C.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Zain-A)
lol m8 at this stage you shouldnt worry about "keeping your options open" since most courses don't factor in what advanced highers you do and only care about the highers you do. Do what you want
^ Definitely agree with this! I would only take advanced highers if you think it will benefit you for a certain course at uni. E.g- you are doing a science degree and take chemistry + biology or physics at AH to get a feel for it at a more 'advanced level'. It will give you a good insight as to what 1st year of uni will be like. I think 3 AH is a lot, never mind 4! But if you think you can handle it I don't see why not. But bear in mind you'll have projects to do (or 'added values' as they call them now..) which take a lot of time. Especially science ones as you have to carry out your experiments AS WELL AS writing the project up. Good luck to you tho! Pick what you think you can cope with, rather than taking on too much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (174)
48.74%
No (44)
12.32%
I'm not old enough (139)
38.94%

Watched Threads