Turn on thread page Beta

living expenses, esp. bath watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have offers for a Postgrad Degree in Bath, UEA, Reading and Leeds.
    What can I expect to be the living expenses in these cities (approximately)? Is Bath really as expensive as everyone tells me (I’m used to living on a low budget :rolleyes: , but what would be the least amount of money I would need)? thanks for you help

ReputationRep:
    Bath is pretty expensive for a night out, although you can do what most people I know do, and buy your own booze from a supermarket (and then take this out with you, somewhat trampily).
    You can do shopping online with Tesco's which works out v.cheap. I advise not using Fresh (online supermarket) unless you really have to.

The Union Bars are reasonable, but Bath is an expensive area, in general.

ReputationRep:
    UEA is quite cheap really, the average rent for a room in a house is about £210 a month. Going out is only expensive if you go to the clubs at the weekend, if you stick to student nights its really cheap.

Also, from what Bigcnee has said above about Bath, I think Reading is pretty similar (its my hometown). Although I don't really know what the student nights in town are like, the weekends aren't cheap at all. However they do guarantee everyone who goes there accomodation on campus, so it won't be hugely expensive for you to live there.

Out of the four you have chosen I would say Leeds is the cheapest place to live, with Bath probably being the most expensive.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.